Survivalist Forum banner

Anyone else use a belly band holster?

799 19
Man I should have bought one of these years ago, super comfortable and you never ever end up accidently showing your armed. I just got one after hip carrying for years and I won't be going back. So anyone else try them? What did you think?
Reactions: sgtredleg
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
I have had a good experience with the bellybands from comforttac.com

I wear it up high where the gun rides cross-draw in my armpit like a shoulder holster, butt pointing forward. I use a y-strap shirt stay as a suspender so the weight of the gun doesn't slide everything down. I can wear a kahr cw9 (single stack 9mm compact) plus a spare mag all day in this rig and have no discomfort. The gun is oriented vertically so it conceals really well for me. I used to work at a button-up shirt retail store that didn't allow guns, but didn't have metal detectors, so i used this method and never had an issue. At one point I ran a winter-time 5k race while wearing this setup and the main issue was it still got pretty sweaty.

There are a few big issues with this method. Like i said the gun is vertically oriented in most belly bands so it is difficult to draw when wearing it that high. Its also needs to be under a closed shirt so that limits what you can wear and further slows down the draw. Lastly, it conceals a lot better with winter clothes. Despite those drawbacks the comfort is worth it for me.

If anyone knows of a bellyband that has a barrel up orientation and a snap-button retention I would be interested in giving it a try. I have a galco jackass shoulder holster with that orientation and I really like it but they only make it for full size guns.

· Shill for the Federal Gov
1,300 Posts
Thank all of you for the info. Just ordered the Bravo Belt and a Lilcreek t shirt. If I remember I'll post the results here.

For anyone else considering it, Read everything about sizing first. I almost made a mistake. I also discovered I am a super fat ass for realz. :)

· Registered
1,244 Posts
I wear it up high where the gun rides cross-draw in my armpit like a shoulder holster, butt pointing forward.
Same.
If anyone knows of a bellyband that has a barrel up orientation and a snap-button retention I would be interested in giving it a try.
Mine has a snap strap, but never tried it barrel up.

ETA: just looked, mine are comfortac too.

· Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah its awesome I can also comfortably carry an extra mag which is awesome. Alot of guys who I know hip carry and accidentally show they are armed inadvertently because they wear normal size t shirts. I also use the comfortac and it's awesome highly recommend it.

· Registered
28 Posts
Bellyband or AIWB holsters are perfect - truthfully whatever makes it comfortable for you if you know you wanna carry all day. It has to be 1.) comfortable, 2.) quickly accessible, and 3.) not broadcasting to everyone that you are in fact - carrying. If it's not no 1. you will carry it less often. And as such 2. and 3. won't matter. Comfort has to be no 1 on the list by far.

I use Tenicor Velo 4 and with a typical shirt ( not a fitted t-shirt- just my normal attire) - is so low profile I'm not concerned about having the Glock belly profile when I'm out and about.

Gun barrel Gun accessory Auto part Air gun Trigger

· Registered
1,180 Posts
I've been using one for several years now.
I prefer to be discreet in my carry and this setup allows undercover and comfortable carry for me, whether seated, standing or being moderately active.
I have one, and like the idea. But, I feel like it's pretty obvious if someone is slender there's something under their shirt, assuming their shirt is well fitting.

· Registered
12,633 Posts
I have the Comfort Tac as well. While driving, I find it not that comfortable. I wear western shirts with snaps and I can access it pretty easily if I had to. Best for walking around. I see others on eBay that carry the pistol horizontally, I'd get it except I have too many holsters as it is. My go to is still a Bug Bite calf holster. That I wear with baggy jeans and sweat pants with the zippered leg.

· Registered
1,267 Posts
Man I should have bought one of these years ago, super comfortable and you never ever end up accidently showing your armed. I just got one after hip carrying for years and I won't be going back. So anyone else try them? What did you think?
I had one for awhile and lost it. I really liked it though. Just ordered another one.

I currently carry up to a Glock 19 in a pocket holster, usually something smaller though. I may just start carrying my full size 17 in the belly band instead.

· Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have the Comfort Tac as well. While driving, I find it not that comfortable. I wear western shirts with snaps and I can access it pretty easily if I had to. Best for walking around. I see others on eBay that carry the pistol horizontally, I'd get it except I have too many holsters as it is. My go to is still a Bug Bite calf holster. That I wear with baggy jeans and sweat pants with the zippered leg.
It's nice also that with a flanel you can carry a full size pistol for trips into areas with undesirable elements.

· Registered
522 Posts
Have owned a couple different ones. The all elastic were too hot. Have used (occasionally) a Bianchi nylon since the 90's. Actually much prefer leather on the hip..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts