Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I love to go bowfishing. My targets are usually carp or gar, but occasionally a big catfish likes to go the the shallows and he is fair game

·
Major League Infidel
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well you have to aim lower than the fish APears to be. he's actually farther away and deeper than you see him as. Cat fish are legal to take in Oklahoma with a bow...

·
Improvise Adapt Overcome!
12,005 Posts
I'd love to do this with a primitive bow.

One of my projects for next year is to make a primitive bow in the woods, make arrows, and do some target shooting. Then disassemble it all and leave it behind with no trace it ever existed.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Did a good bit of bow-fishing in my teenage years on Yegua Creek below the Somerville Dam and the Navasota River. Took lots of carp and gar back then. Also, still have my bow and one fishing arrow.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm planning on trying some bow fishing next season. Up here there aren't any carp or gar, but bowfishing for Northern Pike is legal (They pretty much hate them up here because they've gotten into a lot of lakes and destroyed the salmon and trout populations)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Permit?

I would love to try it, I even bought one of the special arrows, and a cheap kind of reel that attaches where the stabilizer goes; but,I have no idea what kind of license I would need here in Maryland, fishing, bow hunting, or both?
I'll have to find out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts