Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Destroyer of Ignorance
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something just not sitting right in the gut for me. Don't know why, but something seems strange.

·
Registered
5,987 Posts
I was listening to Coast to Coast AM this week, and George Noory brought up that people seemed tense and stressed out more than usual. He took one call after another of people saying or feeling the same thing.

Lots of weirdness so far this year, so if something does happen it won't be too surprising

·
Never Give up
7,579 Posts
No worries. I will not let anything disturb our celibrating our Independence day. I will not let them take it from us. They dont undertand what it means to us and thats all there is to that.

·
Lonesome Road
1,015 Posts
I have an uneasy feeling about tomorrow too. Thats just my own personal paranoia though. I'm looking forward to celebrating our independence with friends and family.

·
Got Preps?
303 Posts
I've thought about that a lot for the past several Independence Days. A dirty bomb could easily go off and people would just think it was another M80 being lit until people start dropping like flies. We've been listening to fireworks every night for the past 2 weeks.

It won't stop me from celebrating our freedom though. :D:

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Not particularly worried about the 4th, but remain worried about us as a nation daily. A lot of folks just call it the 4th like I have for years. This year I have been trying to wish folks a Happy Independence Day...seems more important than ever to remember that word Independence.

·
Long Trump
4,448 Posts
I'm good.

The economy, constitution, country, the world is in the toilet . . . but I'm OK.

"Posterity, you will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that ever I took half the pains to preserve it."
- John Adams

"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
- Thomas Jefferson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined...The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun."
- Patrick Henry

"A government that does not trust it's law abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust."
- James Madison

"A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves ... and include all men capable of bearing arms."
- Richard Henry Lee - Signer of the Declaration of Independence, First Congress Senator

"Whenever governments mean to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise an army upon their ruins."
- Elbridge Thomas Gerry, Signer of the Declaration of Independence, fifth Vice President of the United States of America

"We must all hang together, or, assuredly, we shall all hang separately."
- Benjamin Franklin at the signing of the Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776

"Trust No Man Living with Power to Endanger the Public Liberty."
- John Adams

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom ... go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels nor arms. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
- Samuel Adams

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what is for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759

·
Registered
15,150 Posts
we leave AM and get back PM.... don't much care for all the bangs and booms... rattles my nerves a bit more than I want...

so we take the dog every year and just vanish up to the mountains for the day and evening... and then come home...

but around all holidays for a good number of years now, we have ratched up personal observation issues quite a bit... situational awareness!

·
Sorry About Your Feelings
20,837 Posts
My main concern is finding a position to film the fireworks at Lenox Square tomorrow.
Half a million people, 4 parking spaces.

I found a place that is very high and lifted up with a perfect view of the riots that will inevitably ensue.

Reactions: 556X45

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Nope, just know I am going to have to deal with a bunch of drunk fu*** tonight. No big feelings of mass destruction here.

Just read another thread about multiple car bombs in our country and what if it happened, well this would be a major time to execute such an attack, why masses of people watching the fireworks in one spot during an American holiday. Best to stay off to the side and away from the main group of such an event.

·
just me and mine
645 Posts
nope, we are good, gonna spend some time with family and freinds, shoot off some fireworks, and celebrate the birth of our country tomorrow.

If TSHTF tomorrow, we are as ready as we can be at this time. I don't think anyone is truly, completely, "ready" for TSTHTF, so we do the best with what we have.

·
American fearmaker
14,249 Posts
Tomorrow does not bother or alarm me at all. I would be worried more about an attack on Black Friday, the busiest shopping day of the year. That is when the most people are out, about and gathered together in tight shopping gaggles of humanity. Yep, the day after Thanksgiving is the one that worries me.

·
Crusty, Crunchy and Cute
3,040 Posts
The British are coming, The British are coming.
Not only that the 3 of them belong to a pro gun site in England and they are coming to my house to camp in my front yard and shoot in my back yard. When they leave I have a Norwegian coming back in August or September but since its only one he can sleep in the house. He did offer to bring a tent though. If he complains about my snoring again he will get to use it. :D:

Not a bit worried that the world will end, it ended last month so we have free sailing from now on....................unless Obama gets reelected. :eek:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts