Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any WV groups on this board? Outdoor type groups? Camping/hiking/mountain biking? survival groups? shooting groups?

I need to meet some people and find some people to do things with.

Anyone from here WV involved in anything like this?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well it sounds like we at least have enough to get together and chat it up on here which is better than I though considering how far dead this was lol. Well I am more than willing to share emergency medical information, limited gun info, and some water treatment help. What does anyone else have to add to this discussion. Patriot nurse had mentioned a piece that stated which 5 antibiotics to acquire in a SHTF situation. I personally disagree with some of her choices as there are overlapping coverages of bacteria. If I were to choose which to stock up on it would be Erythromiacin(lung/head some STDs), Bactrim(UTI), Keflex(skin and some lung), Cipro(in case bactrim fails), doxycycline (lymes disease and things of that nature/stds), Difulcan (yeast treatment again for females and males because jock itch can be a major problem). If you have these you'll have a fighting chance in the harshes of WV outdoors. I am not one to promote sites but cal vet supply recommended by patriot nurse is the only one Ive seen that doesnt look like you're buying from some guys van.

Also in case you're new to this I suggest polar blue which is iodine crystals to make clean relatively safe drinking water. Its this or bleach but if you go bleach route Id get some pool shock sans the copper crap at a pool supply store (have to make a solution then treat).

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have been in the army for almost 12 yrs so I have all that info to share, such as tactical, some medical, some firearms. Also I have knowledge in construction and mechanics. Also FYI I live on 23 ac so once I have met and gotten to know ya then I have the area for shooting, camping, etc

·
Registered
14 Posts
Cool so Im really curious about starting to reload ammo...do you have any suggestions. I like the idea of a hand loader since they are cheap and I doubt I'll need to be pumping out more than a couple hundred a day. Im also looking a two guns for obviously two different purposes but the FN FAL and Winchester 700 any idea of better products to look at via armament? I have 9mm hi point pistol 410 shotgun 22 revolver.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I would recommend a handloader for starting out, I myself have recently aquired my setup and am just starting out. I am only vaguely familiar with those 2 rifles and since most of "what is better" is just a personal opinion all I will say is that the only weapons I will purchase are of NATO caliber (.223, 7.62x39, .308, .50, 12 gauge, 9mm, and .45) or .22LR

·
Registered
210 Posts
form a group

iam in milton area have 22 acers also very remote place near green bank wv any one wanting to form a group? iam a family man with kids lots of military time in third world places. we coulld start meeting a fast food place or something, just to get to know each other.

·
Registered
12 Posts
We're in NC but we've been looking land in wva for a retreat for quite some time. We'd prefer the southeast part of Wva b/c of the drive time. We'd also love to hook up with a group or individuals in this area that also see the importance of preparedness.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.