Survivalist Forum banner

81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Yeah I think I just might. Tomorrow I’m heading out into the back field to zero in the new Sako S20. Perhaps I’ll bring the Enfield along too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One shot it will never be new again. It will be like 100,000’s our there. Very few unfired. If you want to shoot a nearly new, I have no problem but you can never put the “new” genie back in the bottle.

·
μολὼν λαβ
3,294 Posts
.264 Win Mag vz.24 BRNO Mauser (switch barrel .338 Win Mag from donor Cech WWII Mauser) 2-12x Leupold VX6-HD

Shot at 425 yards w/140 gr Core-Lokt. Bucked once and rolled down hill about 40 yards. Back strap is tasty but chewy.

·
μολὼν λαβ
3,294 Posts
Bergara Premier Highlander 300 PRC 1.7-13.3 Swarovski Z8i

Shot at 225 yards w/Hornady 212 gr ELD-X. (handloads) Stacked up on the spot. Meat taste like premium beef. Tenderloin chicken fried steak rocks.

Shot at 100 yards w/Hornady 212 gr ELD-X. (handloads) Stacked up on the spot. Some of the best meat you’ll eat. Back strap is tender. Sausage is phenomenal.

·
μολὼν λαβ
3,294 Posts
1895 Loewe 7x57 Mauser (Chilean Mauser was doner rifle) Leupold 2x10x42 VX5-HD

Shot at 175 yards, in heavy rain, w/120 gr Nosler BT handloads. Ran about 35 yards and veered left. Found laying were the picture was taken. Great meat. Very similar taste to Axis deer, with with almost double the meat.

This what a 2'fer from the shot above. The 120 gr passed through and killed the calf standing in the tall grass. We didn't even know it was there when the shot was taken. So much for BT's and needing a big caliber for big game. I guess Bell did use a 7x57 with great effect.

Shot at 95 yards w/120 gr Nosler BT. Largest hog I've shot to date. Hit behind the ear and the light switch was turned off. Too big and fatty to eat.

·
μολὼν λαβ
3,294 Posts
Winchester Model 70 Featherweight (1954) 30.06 2-10x42 Zeiss Conquest HD (I have a matching .270 from 1952 with same scope on it. I've shot a few meat deer with it.)

Shot at 125 yards through thick cover w/Hornady 150 gr SST. Ran about 40 yards into heavy cover and laid down. Worked around backside of the cover and put a securing shot in for for good measure. If you've never eaten fallow deer, I suggest you try. It close to Axis in taste but has the texture of beef. One of my favorite game animals to eat.

Shot at 125 yards w/Hornady 150 gr SST? He ran up a bluff about 30 yards and stacked up behind a live oak.

·
μολὼν λαβ
3,294 Posts
300 BLK SBR 7.2" w/AAC Suppressor 1-4 Trijicon AccuPoint German post red triangle.

Random hogs and deer from different hunts. All shot with 194 gr Lehigh Defense subsonic handloads.

Shot at 75 yards after hold up by dogs. My of the pig meat I get I use as grind mix for sausage, sticks and hamburgers.

Shot at 110 yards at last of the days light. Venison eats like any other. Back strap, tenderloins, hamburger and sausage grinds.

Various yardage on another driven hunt w/dogs

·
μολὼν λαβ
3,294 Posts
TC 6.5 Creedmoor 3.5-10x42 Sig BDX 2/AAC 30 cal can

Shot at 175 yards w/140 gr Hornady SST handloads. Odd hunt, first shot, 125 yards, ricochet causing a vertical burn mark. Tracked 6 hours and final shot was at dusk at 175 yards. Stacked up where hit. Backstrap is excellent smoked if you tenderize it and season it well.

Shot at 95 yards w/140 gr Hrnady SST handloads. I wouldn't eat one of these if you paid me.

·
Banned
11,403 Posts
What is the longest CZ barrel. My new 457 has 24.88 inches barrel and it seems overall short.

And what length is this?
The longest is the Ultra Lux. 28.6”. It sounds almost suppressed. Using shorts in it it is amazingly quiet.

That one with the target sights is the 452 Trainer, at 24.8”.

The new generation 457 is the same length. They make a Varmint Precision Trainer at 20.5”. Several versions have 16.5” barrels. Many are threaded.

·
Banned
11,403 Posts
1895 Loewe 7x57 Mauser (Chilean Mauser was doner rifle)
Lovin’ on that rifle. No bubba there!:thumb:

I have a ‘93 Spanish Loewe 7 mm, a 95 Chilean 7 mm, and a ‘91 Argentine Loewe rebarreled to 7.62x39. Great guns.

The Spanish has the BEST bluing of any gun I own.

·
μολὼν λαβ
3,294 Posts
Lovin’ on that rifle. No bubba there!:thumb:

I have a ‘93 Spanish Loewe 7 mm, a 95 Chilean 7 mm, and a ‘91 Argentine Loewe rebarreled to 7.62x39. Great guns.

The Spanish has the BEST bluing of any gun I own.
Thanks

The only thing original on that rifle is the action/bolt. The rest is a custom scratch build. It came from a 100% bubba rifle that I got for $85. I bought it for the action.

·
Registered
763 Posts

And I just bought this yesterday. Marlin 1894SBL in .44 mag. 16.25” barrel. Love it so far

·
Adventurer
869 Posts

And I just bought this yesterday. Marlin 1894SBL in .44 mag. 16.25” barrel. Love it so far

I still wake up to cry myself back to sleep every so often for selling my Marlin .44 magnum 20+ years ago. the .44 has some real power behind it coming out of a rifle/carbine.

Took my first deer with that gun.....

·
Retired Army
5,996 Posts
So I did a thing... I was kinda missing the Maple stock on my Remington 700. I didn't really find anything wrong with the Magpul Hunter stock, just not digging the "tactical vibe" on the little .243. I was, however loving the DBM bottom metal. (plastic) A little inletting combined the two... I got my old guy hunting rifle back, but with the box magazines... And no, a .243 doesn't really need a Surefire Socom brake, just planning on a can one day.

81 - 97 of 97 Posts