Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Remove Kebab
3,589 Posts
Sig M400 kept entirely M4 style next to the Aero Precision pistol with Surefire Mini Scout and remote switch, Aimpoint Comp M5, Magpul grip, BUIS and sling, SBM4 brace.

The other is a DDI AK next to a Galil Ace 7.62x39 with a Surefire Mini Scout, remote switch and Trijicon RMR2.

Attachments

·
If I had a voice I'd sing
7,138 Posts
Sig M400 kept entirely M4 style.
Luvin the classic builds! In my plans is a 20" A4 style with an A2 stock and a detachable carry handle. Or maybe an actual A2 with the built in carry handle upper, if I can find the upper at a decent price.

·
Banned
4,841 Posts
Here's my favorite, and most recent complete build.

A .308 with Aero upper and lower recievers, MI 12" handguard, 16" chrome lined barrel, Lantac BCG, Geissele SSA trigger, and a Primary Arms 1-6 ACSS optic.

My "almost like the one I had in the Army" Bushmaster. Factory A1 sights, added the A1 hand guards and grip.

`

I made one like the A2 I had when I was in. The only time I had an A1 was when I had the 203 & those were all attached to A1's. I still might do an A1 build someday, but since I used the A2 a lot more that's the one I wanted to build first. Also we built my son an M4 clone before he left (albeit 1.5" longer) so he could compare what he was going to be using vs. what I used.
`

Image02 by 11C1P, Flickr

Image04 by 11C1P, Flickr

·
Crazy
5,576 Posts
This is the hardest to find in my colt collection. First one from the left.
It is the Colt two tone rifle. During the Clinton ban colt ran the M16 line (grey). And the civilian line(black). When law inforcement ordered them they wanted the gov barrel and flash hider. Colt would put the grey upper on the black lower. They also put a restricted to law enforcement label on the magwell. Mine is marked to a Richmond VA agency. I found another colt collector online and he also one from the same department. His serial number is one above mine.

·
Remove Kebab
3,589 Posts
Luvin the classic builds! In my plans is a 20" A4 style with an A2 stock and a detachable carry handle. Or maybe an actual A2 with the built in carry handle upper, if I can find the upper at a decent price.

Thanks. As far as collecting and just enjoying having them I have become more interested in having a classic looking rifle in each category. I think you can get what you want from Aero Precision. I habe been entirely impressed with their quality. I think this is what you're looking for at a high quality for about $700.

https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/ar15-556-20-complete-upper-fsb

https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/m16a4-clone-complete-lower-anodized-black

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
This started as a DPMS AP4 and still mostly is.

I did have to change out the buffer tube to use the Magpul stock I wanted (Why not mil-spec size at least here DPMS? Why?) but other than that all main / important parts are stock DPMS.

Have had nothing but fun out of this rifle and zero issues so far. Plan to shoot it till something needs replacing and not replace anything that does not 'need' it... :)

The hand guards are not the right shade pink and getting tossed soon. Have a set of Colt carbine hand guards to replace them with but just need to get off my behind and get the correct paint made for them and do it. :eek::

Plan to swap to the pink Magpul grip when I do the hand guards. I got the part already but have not got 'to it' as yet. :upsidedown:

·
If I had a voice I'd sing
7,138 Posts

I did have to change out the buffer tube to use the Magpul stock I wanted (Why not mil-spec size at least here DPMS? Why?) but other than that all main / important parts are stock DPMS.

Have had nothing but fun out of this rifle and zero issues so far. Plan to shoot it till something needs replacing and not replace anything that does not 'need' it... :)

The hand guards are not the right shade pink and getting tossed soon. Have a set of Colt carbine hand guards to replace them with but just need to get off my behind and get the correct paint made for them and do it. :eek::

Plan to swap to the pink Magpul grip when I do the hand guards. I got the part already but have not got 'to it' as yet. :upsidedown:
Are you a female? Or just like pink? I'm not judging, just curious.

·
What hell, pay attention
7,910 Posts
This is my latest addiction :) .......

Three Inlands and two Winchesters...so far. Almost bought another Inland this past Wednesday. :rolleyes:

And not one word about the pink shorts on the Rottie! :D:

1 - 20 of 97 Posts