Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Standing Vigilant
504 Posts
Yep, 100 lbs for Sam's.

Don't remember the price...but they are good.

I had a problem transferring/pouring out of this huge bag into
mylar bags in 5 gal buckets. I had to dip them out with a ladel
one at at time...what a pain! And it took forever as you can imagine.
The 50lb bags are much easier to handle.

Taste like beans to me...and make great music!:eek:

Doginit

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
68,116 Posts
Locally, those bags are $49.95, so price wise, you're just about as well off buying their easier to handle Diamond prewashed 50 pound bags for $27.95. As far as quality, the Peak beans are just fine. Same as any premium beans you'd buy in the store in 2 pound bags. I have a bag of them open right now because they didn't have any 50 pounders when I went shopping for them. They also offer the same beans in 10 pound bags for about $6-7 if you want to give them a try before you commit to a larger purchase.

·
Registered
33,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Locally, those bags are $49.95, so price wise, you're just about as well off buying their easier to handle Diamond prewashed 50 pound bags for $27.95. As far as quality, the Peak beans are just fine. Same as any premium beans you'd buy in the store in 2 pound bags. I have a bag of them open right now because they didn't have any 50 pounders when I went shopping for them. They also offer the same beans in 10 pound bags for about $6-7 if you want to give them a try before you commit to a larger purchase.
lol...I was hoping you would weigh in, I knew you would have the $$$ questions.

Thanks, Mike :thumb:

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I don't know, they won't tell you on their site
Probably because the price varies from store location to store location.

There's something wrong with them.
They make me fart.

- OS
The only thing that gives me gas as bad as beans is jerusalem artichokes.

I'll be eating lots of these both after the TEOWAWKI arrives.

It won't be pretty. :eek:

·
Registered
279 Posts
I've bought smaller bags of the Peak brand.
The beans were good. The only issue is the fact that there were a lot of dirt clods to pick out. I probably had to pick out 8 or 10 per pound. Not a big deal if you sort your beans (which is always a good idea) before cooking.

·
68,116 Posts
lol...I was hoping you would weigh in, I knew you would have the $$$ questions.

Thanks, Mike :thumb:
Are you calling me a tightwad? lol :D:

Sam's is about 5 minutes from my house, so I spend enough time there to memorize most of their prices. Sometimes I sneak over there to play around in their wine section or hit up their samplers.

I've bought smaller bags of the Peak brand.
The beans were good. The only issue is the fact that there were a lot of dirt clods to pick out. I probably had to pick out 8 or 10 per pound. Not a big deal if you sort your beans (which is always a good idea) before cooking.
I haven't had issues with Peak as far as dirt goes. It's supposed to be triple cleaned, but sometimes it sneaks through anyway I guess. They do offer another brand for about the same price, in more manageable 50 lb bags, that also says it's prewashed. I don't remember much dirt in that one either, but it's been a while since I used that brand.

·
68,116 Posts
The only thing that gives me gas as bad as beans is jerusalem artichokes.

I'll be eating lots of these both after the TEOWAWKI arrives.

It won't be pretty. :eek:
Being right on the border of Mexico, we eat a lot of beans here. Your system actually gets pretty used to it if you eat them regularly for a while. Not that it still doesn't "generate methane", it just doesn't do it quite as much. Now wheat bran is another story! At least with me. I earned my nickname that way.

·
Doubts Most Everything
5,618 Posts
Being right on the border of Mexico, we eat a lot of beans here. Your system actually gets pretty used to it if you eat them regularly for a while. Not that it still doesn't "generate methane", it just doesn't do it quite as much. Now wheat bran is another story! At least with me. I earned my nickname that way.
Your nickname is Fart?

- OS

·
Bleach blonde on fire :p
6,173 Posts
Sign into the site and pick a location to get pricing.

We buy peak, they are good quality.

I had no problem getting them into my 2 litter drink bottles, used funnels and a big coffee cup to dip and pour.

·
Sell crazy someplace else
2,534 Posts
I have a Sam's membership, but they are about 50 miles away. I only stop there if I am close by.

I have bought 25# bags of triple washed pinto beans at Costco for $12.99 I think. It's a little more but easier to handle.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts