Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked online but don't want to waste money on an untrustworthy company or a phone that's just for show. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get a reliable set of field telephones for use at a farm or large property. Thanks in advance.

·
Adaptable.
1,978 Posts
You can buy a set of TA-312 phones for 100-200 dollars on EBAY. Easily the most bulletproof field phones you can buy. They run on d-cell batts or crank power, and the field and repair manuals are ubiquitous. You can tie them in with TA-1s, which are push-to-talk operated.

The question is what kind of install do you want. Do you want more than two phones? The TA series will require a switch board beyond 3. You might be able to build one based on salvage parts, as SF uses these phones and they can be repaired under field conditions, they're all just DC relays and switches. Im not sure what one would go for, last time I saw one for sale, was 10 years ago and it was still in the crate with newspaper at a surplus shop in LA and was way more of a collectors item than a tool and was $500.

If you just want a phone from the gate to the kitchen, the TA-312 is your best bet.

·
Gone for Good
2,899 Posts
I have 4 of the TA-312 phones I bought at a garage sale 10 yrs ago for $20. They are great phone and take a lot of hard use. The wire was a bit expensive.

I also have 2 TA-1's I bought last year for $30ea. I have seen them a couple times for $100 a set.

Red

·
Looks like rain to me.
41,430 Posts

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
Jerry,

You ever see a McMaster catalog? I only saw one, it was as big as the New York City Phone Book. I think you have to be a "Respected" customer to get one. They have everything, and then some.

Back to your regular post.
I have one on my desk at work...it's about 5 inches tall. weighs a good 5 pounds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.