1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Museum Piece
312 Posts
$180 bucks for a factory barrel. Over at McGewen Barrels a custom barrel is about $60 more. The daughter's is 16 inch, 300 Blackout, 1/12 twist. It spins 125 gr varmint grenades at 2400fps. 110gr a tad faster.

·
Registered
34,688 Posts
Ok, I feel better.
(I ordered 22 last night)

I've been taking apart AR's and selling the stripped uppers for $280-$380 at Gun shows. (Keeping the lowers)

Those should do well with the rails.

Might be a few months till I go to another gunshow, but I can wait.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, I feel better.

I've been taking apart AR's and selling the stripped uppers for $280-$380 at Gun shows. (Keeping the lowers)

Wish I had the funds to buy 22, Just had to buy a new car because I hit a deer the other day.

·
Always Loaded
2,308 Posts
I could think of a lot more ways to invest, or have fun, than 22 DPMS uppers. You can get a complete PSA upper, with BCG, for $200 if you wait for a good sale. Heck they are $230 right now. To each his own.

·
Comic, not your lawyer!
14,683 Posts
Looking at picking up a couple of DPMS M4 chromed lined uppers for $180 each with extended rails. They would get AO Precision BCG's.

They will just be extra rifles to have around. I already have all the other parts needed to build the two.

Are DPMS uppers worth messing with? are they more or less the same as Bushmaster?

What do you think?

https://www.cdnnsports.com/dpms-ar15-upper-m4-16in-chrome-lined-ext-quad-rail.html#.XlXWimhKjIU
That fore-end is outdated and will be heavy and suck. I really have abandoned those heavy uncomfortable quad rails. It will probably require replacing. Everyone is going keymod, Mlok, or old school or Magpul.

But otherwise, buy em.

·
Registered
34,688 Posts
I could think of a lot more ways to invest, or have fun, than 22 DPMS uppers. You can get a complete PSA upper, with BCG, for $200 if you wait for a good sale. Heck they are $230 right now. To each his own.
Actually back in December they quoted me $270 for complete kits (minus stripped lower) if I spent $16k.

But the people answering the phone are ****ing STUPID and incompetent, so they didn't get my money.

I have $52 bolts
I have Free charging handles.

And I got complete lowers.

You understand your telling me I can "do better" when I've been making $100+/pop..... Right?

Your theoretical, I'm basing my actions on fact.

I'll be fine, thanks.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I just ordered a DPMS LR308 lower from them. The price is right.

If anyone is looking for an AR build kit. CDNN has Remington R-15 barreled upper and lower combos for like $299. You could build an AR for like $380. All you need is a bcg, charging handle and trigger I believe.

Not to mention the have a DPMS deal as well for AR-15 and LR308 (LR308 combo is $399)

I missed out on the bushmaster combo. They sold out already. But they do have a bushy 308 stripped upper and lower combo still for like $130.

Get em while they're hot folks.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, I feel better.

Just wondering did yours ship yet? I been going on a week and a half an they havent ship yet. Is CDNN always this slow?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
That fore-end is outdated and will be heavy and suck. I really have abandoned those heavy uncomfortable quad rails. It will probably require replacing. Everyone is going keymod, Mlok, or old school or Magpul.

But otherwise, buy em.
There is nothing 'heavy' about any of that stuff...

:)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They aren't fast, but I'm not worried about it.
They aren't coming here (I'm locked down for Corona)
They keep tell me they will ship in a few day everytime I call. They where suppose to ship today. But I was told they are having trouble getting the parts an its a 1st come right now, An should ship Friday. Sounds like they are selling stuff they dont yet have.

·
Registered
34,688 Posts
They keep tell me they will ship in a few day everytime I call. They where suppose to ship today. But I was told they are having trouble getting the parts an its a 1st come right now, An should ship Friday. Sounds like they are selling stuff they dont yet have.
Emailed shipping notice today.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts