Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://speedwelltargets.com/cart/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=275

Not sure how to add a pic to thread so there is the link.

That is the only human targets they sell at my favorite gun shop, and I don't know how I am supposed to score it, and I haven't been able to design my own scoring system yet so anyone think they can help me out here?

I guess I could just ask the guy that sells them, but I won't be back there for a few days.

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
23,557 Posts
Just keep shooting till the head flies off and the circle in the middle is gone.

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
inside the 5x is 2 pts, inside the "bowling pin" is 1x , outside the bowling pin in 0 and target is scored after 50 rds are fired. This gives a possible total of 100 points.

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
I think any D2 is fine except cartman was ragging on butters for the lower middle D3s.

Seriously the targets we use have black centers and are the size of the 5X on that one and if we go outside of the black we get out the adjustment tools. Same size target---pistols to 30 yards and rifles at 100+. Its a "50yard NRA slow fire pistol" target. We shoot as fast as we can and not irritate the range folks. All the group clusters inside the black.

Pistols we sometimes shoot at "T-2s" at 10 yards which is about the same difficulty. Make it harder and you will train up, and adjust your equipment to meet the challenge.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think any D2 is fine except cartman was ragging on butters for the lower middle D3s.

Seriously the targets we use have black centers and are the size of the 5X on that one and if we go outside of the black we get out the adjustment tools. Same size target---pistols to 30 yards and rifles at 100+. Its a "50yard NRA slow fire pistol" target. We shoot as fast as we can and not irritate the range folks. All the group clusters inside the black.

Pistols we sometimes shoot at "T-2s" at 10 yards which is about the same difficulty. Make it harder and you will train up, and adjust your equipment to meet the challenge.
What is a T-2?

·
Pilot
171 Posts
Just a thought...could the K numbers indicate kill and the D indicate disable? Just noticed that the extremities have higher D numbers than K numbers and the head / center mass is the opposite. Maybe the goal is to rack up a certain amount of K or D points in set number of shots / seconds......

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a thought...could the K numbers indicate kill and the D indicate disable? Just noticed that the extremities have higher D numbers than K numbers and the head / center mass is the opposite. Maybe the goal is to rack up a certain amount of K or D points in set number of shots / seconds......
I was wondering that my self actually, but I was afraid to ask.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts