Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
bad grammar deal with it
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im watching Underground Cities: New York City....its pretty interesting seeing how much secret stuff is underground nyc like M42( the old nerve center under Grand Central Terminal) and the old secret train station under the Waldorf Astoria for FDR. pretty interesting stuff

·
Registered
850 Posts
Here in Edmonton we have an underground subway system under our downtown area.

In case of a nuclear war, the plan is to to put all the citizens down in there.

Me, I'm not going! I will not be sardined with a million other people underground.

I can just imagine the lack of privacy, disease, noise, violence, etc. that would erupt. No thanks.

I'll deal with the fallout on my own.

·
DIY RPG's
1,667 Posts
cooper pedy aussie.

very nice place to visit they live underground cause its so hot there and they mine the opals in the area you can go there and rent a hotel room and go opal mining to its a nice little tourist thing to do i loved it .

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Seattle has a pretty cool under ground part of Old town you can gain entrance for the tour down by Pikes Market.
The strangest on I saw was out in the middle of nowhere in Wyoming.
I saw a sign saying "SCUBA diving 5 miles".I was game and had my diving gear with me.
Turned out it was an old mine that was flooded by a couple of natural springs.
They had under water light set up and signs directing you around so you wouldn't get lost.
You had to go down about 50 ft. there the horizonal shaft took off. There was rail tracks laid with ore carts still setting on the tracks.
Wish I would have had an underwater camera.

·
dum dum
1,249 Posts
Im watching Underground Cities: New York City....its pretty interesting seeing how much secret stuff is underground nyc like M42( the old nerve center under Grand Central Terminal) and the old secret train station under the Waldorf Astoria for FDR. pretty interesting stuff
what channel is this on? I'd like to catch it sometime...

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I know there were underground cities during the time of the Roman persecutions.Thousands lived underground for fear of being thrown to the lions, burnt alive etc.
apparently many lived underground in the second world War in Germany too.

·
Fisherman
637 Posts
I watched it last night it was about Los Angeles, and the abounded underground subway system under the city that the car and tire companys bought out in the 30's to sell more cars. Also the underground bunkers below san pedro in long beach that solders hid in and fired upon the Japanese subs that were off the coast of California. Also showed Charles Mansons barker ranch out in the desert near Death Vally. It is indeed a creepy place to visit, especially to camp there at night. Alot of things were left as they were.

·
Registered
249 Posts
the show is actually called "cities of the underground" each episode they show a different underground city. its awesome. being that i am real heavy into urban exploration. and that being said, i am anti vandal, and i usually dont take pics.

one day i hope to go to moscow, as they have 7, count-em 7 levels of subway/drainage/sewers. its enough that thousands could live down their in an emergency.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I had to go to Montreal on business about ten years ago, and there is an enormous underground mall that the subway stops at. It is several stories deep and contains movie theaters, bars, restaurants, everything. I was there during winter and the downtown streets were empty, the folks just spend their time in the warmth of the underground.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts