Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Markets will open tonight in Asia/Europe and tomorrow is the U.S.

Any idea how it might go? Seems the Euro issue is still hanging, VIX is getting pretty high again.

Will we see the PPT again this week?

You out there, kid?...

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I will be looking for an exit on my May $250 Apple Call options and looking for more entry points on my June $7.50 STD (how appropriate for a bank!) Put...

I am much more comfortable making trend calls that involve a quarter's worth of time, not so much making a call for a day or a week but I'll play for fun.

I bet we see a horid day tomorrow and by mid-afternoon we will see a reversal higher in the markets on rumors of some swap lines being set up by the US/IMF for EU. I think the market gets a bounce off that but the bounce is muted and sold off with the quickness as the CDS traders continue to call BS on sovereign risk. By the end of the week the UK is thrown into the mix and we really start to see the dislocations in the currency markets. I can also see PM's getting hammered next week and I bet we see gold down $30 or more on one day just because that ride has been too easy. Silver will rally to the high heavens. The media will catch on and as always, will be the Monday morning quarterback that they are..... "Are the Markets Safe?" will be the stupid headlines revealing what we already know. The Germany elections look like a mess and the political pressure here will intensify as lines in the sand are drawn by citizens on these bailouts and swaps that will be discussed. Greece continues to be a nightmare and if there is any truth to the line extended to them by that Boston based firm, we will see Greece burn to the ground, literally.

Markets end down for the week with heavy selling.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Sounds good to me FK. I also think you will see silver go up considerably. Also, think Greece is really doomed. And with the issues in Germany, I don't really see the Euro stabilizing. This could be a real mess. As far as the UK, they are in big trouble. The other big issue is the BP oil spill or should I say massive leak, I have read one report that is saying that this thing is being so understated that it is unreal. This is a major catastrophe and could be one of the tipping points, due to the implications.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
eu putting a 650 billion euro "backstop"to protect the euro,to be in place before asian markets open
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aNvRfcFRIgsU
A Euro loan to solve a Euro crisis.... wow, that sounds familiar. What a joke this system is. And where will this money come from? What loans will back this? Civil unrest across the EU, here we come as its citizens realize the EU is taking a page directly from our books where the trash loans are removed from the books of the banks and held by what, the EMU?

If the Euro takes off I am going to short that as well. I predict that this will not hold and actually exacerbate this selloff as people around the world wake up to just how dire this is and how our only global way out is to print and print and print....

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Yup, there go the currencies...

It's "Currencies Gone Wild" which will bear striking resemblance to the more popular video series, "Girls Gone Wild", in that there will be nudity and hilarity as people operate as if they are under the influence making some of the dumbest, mind-numbing mistakes one could conceive, and some you cannot!

$500 B for the EU is a **** in the bucket as well, they would need well over $1T to even make a push, forget a dent.

·
Gone for Good
2,899 Posts
I think in the coming weeks we will see some of the major players make every attempt to bring as positive feeling as possible to the market. As soon as they get a decent positive move they will continue carefully dumping into the market and hoping to maintain prices.

If you see oil fall through $55 be prepared to see the big hammers fall. The gamblers/players that have been holding up the oil market are trying not to run for the exits at the same time. There are tiny strands holding oil up,no solid footings at all.

I think the supposed "accident" last week was a wake up call that shocked even the big money how little real liquidity is really out there. Those under $1 prices will be high compared to what we will see when everyone runs for the exits at the same time. I imagine some of the big retirement funds that have already lost big have set their positions on hair trigger status.

With all the cash out there I think we will all be amazed how fast it disappears.

Red

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
WOW, US markets set to open WAY up tomorrow.

I feel bad for anyone caught on the short side of the Euro/USD trade. What a shock that GS was pushing its clients there after they took a bath on the long side being stopped out three times in as many days. Brilliant!

I am a bit surprised that the USD/Euro is not over $1.29 yet. I guess it is a bit early on and we'll see what happens when the Eastern US seaboard wakes up. The quants will take over and I am sure buy the hell out of tomorrow's market. Be ready to see a huge market tomorrow.

I will be selling into it massively and building up the short side. Again, that is just with loose change, this is NOT a market to be investing in, in my opinion. I also do not think you can trade this market, unless you are just using $0 as your downside.

This will pacify the markets and I can honestly see this, if it does not come with the strings attached IMF trash it usually does, taking the markets up pretty high by Wednesday.... and then we'll see what happens. This one will be tough to game as the CDS traders are going to get whitewashed by tomorrow morning's open. Many of the overseas banks will now be flush with cash and the "repeat" part of the "rinse, repeat" may take hold and push the markets up higher into nosebleed levels but I have a feeling the real wolves out there are still lurking and will be reloading the guns for the next take down. Even at $1 T there is not enough funding. Greece was going to take $120 B of that easy, the rest of the PIIGS would take the rest. Then there is the UK beast that will need to be fed at the fiat trough. The game only ends in a tremendous debt deflation explosion.

The ECB/Fed/BOJ are opening up swap lines... big shock.

Another multitrillion $$$ bailout brought to you by financial terrorism... "If we do not shore up the Euro, the whole system may collapse..."

Heard that before?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.