Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know most of these threads offer what the title of my thread is asking, but I'm looking for something more detailed.

Are there any good books or movies with a storyline like Red Dawn? I just watched Red Dawn for the first time, and I absolutely loved it. I'm only 19 years old, so my list of movies or books on this subject is very limited.

Any suggestions would be awesome!

Dave

·
Registered
687 Posts
I like Tom Clancy's books, and the deathlands series by axler is a little out there at times but they are set in a post nuclear holocaust world, featuring a group of survivors getting by. Some of the descriptions of the new civilazation are food for thought.

Some old-school survivalist literature is the Out of the Ashes series.

Don't waste your time with the turner diaries, it's pretty retarded and very racist, IMHO.

I hear Enemies Foreign and Domestic is a good read but I haven't yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know most of these threads offer what the title of my thread is asking, but I'm looking for something more detailed.

Are there any good books or movies with a storyline like Red Dawn? I just watched Red Dawn for the first time, and I absolutely loved it. I'm only 19 years old, so my list of movies or books on this subject is very limited.

Any suggestions would be awesome!

Dave
Try THE SURVIVALIST series by Jerry Ahern. Good series .

·
Got any beer money?
371 Posts
I learned the most about minimal equipment survival from the book "The SAS Survival Handbook" by John Lofty Wiseman. I'm sure a lot of people on this site have read or own this book. It covers just about everything.

Though I think it is the best book, it is not the only one. And some of the things Lofty says are contradicted in other books. I don't agree with everthing he teaches. But it is a good start and can be found in any big book store.

If you are totally new to survival you may want to start with Cody Lundin's "98.6 Degrees, The Art of Keeping Your Ass Alive". It's very basic but also informative and entertaining.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
The Patriots by James Rawles is a great paperback book you can pick up on Amazon.
The Patroits is awsome, read it.

Don't waste your time with the turner diaries, it's pretty retarded and very racist, IMHO.
I agree 100%. I bought the second book "The Hunter". I thought I was in for a pro-gun, pro preperation book, boy was I wrong. It's all about killing Jews and Black folks. Avoid at all costs IMHO.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.