Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband is so sweet to me -- even in this heat, he is off to the warehouse club for preps on our list. He did wearily ask if there was any way to get more stuff delivered to the house.

This got me thinking about Amazon subscribe and save program. I haven't yet done the math to calculate actual savings.

Is anyone else doing this for household supplies?

·
Beginner's Mind
1,681 Posts
Yes, I'm using it and absolutely no complaints. I keep an eye on it and only use the 6 month option. If price goes up or I'm full up, I cancel the subscription. Great prices on most and free shipping even if below $25. I'm an Amazonaholic.

·
Research, Learn, Share
819 Posts
I do it. I have my organic barley, olive oil, PB, whey protein, honey and tuna delivered monthly. Save quite a bit, too. Especially with the free shipping.

You get 15% off the regular price of the items. Have been doing it since March.

You can skip a shipment, change the frequency (go to every 2 months instead of every month) at any time. They email you when an order is getting ready to ship, tell you the price (sometimes it changes - up or down) and let you know how much time you have to skip or cancel the order.

I'm not a Prime customer yet, but am thinking about it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I frequently use subscribe and save and have been using prime for the last 5 years or so. Subscribe and save used to also be free 2 day shipping but they recently changed that. I think the first order ships using 2 day but the subsequent orders are shipped regular mail. I never ever ever buy anything without first checking amazon, everything from batteries to toothpaste to granola bars to video games to cat litter etc. 9 times out of 10 its cheaper to buy it from them unless I find a good sale somewhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts