Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, friends,
I am thinking of investing in a generator, and have heard really good things about Honda small engines; but, they are also expensive. I am wondering if a good compromise is the Black Max generator, from Sam's Club, powered by a Honda engine....
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=prod3550002&navAction=
I would mostly use it to power the refrigerator and freezer, fans, a few lights, radio.... anyone have experience with these generators? Thanks!

·
Forum Administrator
16,846 Posts
No experience with the Black Max Generator, but I have used several honda generators, and they are top of the line.

Out of all of the honda generators I have used, none of them ever gave me a problem. One honda was used by a construction company I worked for. We used that thing all the time to power saws, air compressors,,,,.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I own said generator, got it from SAMs too! Haven't used it a lot, but did use it for a weekend to power a 5th wheel camper at a cookoff. Little here and there at the house for short power outages. So far so good! Had it for couple years now. Don't expect it to be quiet like the original Honda gen sets, sounds just as loud as a Briggs and Stratton.

·
Badlands
69 Posts
Owned a trash pump with a Honda motor on it. Took a decade to wear out, using it several hours every week. Can't go wrong with Honda.

·
Gunstud
219 Posts
I have one at my place as well. It was in the purchase agreement. When I reviewed the paper work, I found that it was purchased in 2003. I'm not sure how much it was run before but I did use it several times. Once for almost 4 days this winter due to an ice storm that knocked out power. Easy to start and did a great job running the furnace, fridge, some lights, and the all important Television.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts