Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Porch Captain
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the weekend I interviewed for an installer position with Dish, and I thought some folks here might be able to share some info about what kind of company I'd be working for. The pay seems reasonable with chances to move up, and the benefits package looks pretty good too. So, anybody have any experience working for Dish? If so, any advice or info would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a horrible experience with dish, when they first came to install they set everything up fine, but then I realized my directTV stopped working (I run both.) I figured it wasn't anything major, maybe an accident (which it was in a way..)

Had to call directTV and they came down and said well here's why, your dish is gone. After a search around the perimeter we found it stashed in my side yard. I was livid, I had gone a week without certain programs (as well as my family) all because Dish ASSUMED we wouldn't need the DirectTV, and it must have been much easier to just take over the cabling DirectTV already laid down. jeez didnt even ask me.

DirectTV had to disable the Dish to get my directTv back online, so I had to wait even longer for the Dish guy to come back and actually lay down the new cable.

Didnt even ask me.. Hey you dont still use this satellite dish do you? derrr

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
My son is one of their top installers in the country ...... considering his years of service and his capabilities ...... they treat him and the his fellow installers like sh**

I wish you luck ..... they hire with the promise of advancement and employment longevity ...... you'll be lucky if you get a steady 20 hour week

·
who? what? me? No!!!
654 Posts
if possible, look for a company called Multiband in your area. they are installers for DirecTV.
I have a sister who is a phone support tech for DirectTV, and 2 brothers who both started out as installers for them (actually then it was Bluegrass Satalite)
one of my brothers now is some sort of manager who over sees several working team leaders who each have a number of installers under them. the other brother is 2 more steps up the ladder. He had opportunity last year to move further up and become some sort of vice president, but it would have meant alot of travel, so he turned it down.

they have always been treated great by the company, and both have seen many people come to them from dish network jobs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts