Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are any of you familiar with this product?

http://butch1.bluscs.com/product/static-intercept-technology-bag-288.cfm

The ad claims offer a weapons storage bag that provides corrosion protection for ferrous and non-ferrous metals for up to 20 years. They would seem to be ideal for rifle storage and I'm continually late on changing out the dehumidifier in my gun safe. If it works as it says it does, this might be the ideal solution.

I ordered several even though I wasn't able to find additional info about them on the Internets. Do you have any thoughts or experience about these to share? Did I just get taken or is this the Next Best Thing since the Wheel and Fire?

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
There have been various versions of this style of product going back a number of years.

Bianchi used to have one made called the "Blue Bag" and it worked quite well.
That version was only a 5-year bag but that's still a decent amount of time.

Between this, a light oiling, and "VCI" corrosion paper, you should be good for years.

·
Premium Member
68,767 Posts
I think that's a spinoff of the VCI technology used in a lot of industries. It works as long as it's kept sealed and undisturbed. Personally, I have good results using CorrosionX on metals. Works better than anything else on the market that I've tried. If I was going to use one of those bags, the metal would be treated with CorrosionX just to be sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.