Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Hitch Hiking Guide
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago I started "donating" plasma here in town at a ZLB plasma place. Your first time there can take a good while because of all of the tests and what not that you have to have done (took me around 4 hours), however, after that first time, I can be in and out in about an hour to an hour and a half.

The pay depends on things like your physical location how much you weigh (which determines how much plasma you can give). 175 lbs and up is the most paying (for here anyway), and pays $40 each visit. Since you can give plasma twice a week, thats an extra $80 a week for a total of maybe three hours out of your week... just thought I would share this with you, as it has helped me to be able to fund my prepping alot more lately. :thumb:

·
Feuer Frei!
1,811 Posts
Thats a very good way to earn some extra cash. Plus for a few hours out of our busy lifes you can help the people in need of your plasma.

·
Displaced Texan
501 Posts
can't.....hold.....back.....
must......stop.....typing.........(releasing)

I've heard crack dealing and hooking is fairly lucrative. No needles either.

sorry, couldn't help it:eek::

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have tried something simular but held onto my blood. I partisipated in the clinical trials from a local hospital. I have tried this 4 or 5 times in the course of 5 years. It is a good way to get fast cash but they may take taxes out of your stipend. It is sometimes uncomfortable but it is worth $1000 to me. I would do this durring the winter when fishing was not doing so great.

Mikey

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
I checked into this last year actually and the local plasma banks only pay 20 the first time you go, 50 the second, 20 the 3rd and 50 for the fourth time. After that they only pay 25.

I guess they have a steady supply of crack addicts and don't have to pay well for blood.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I looked into it a while back. Thought, "what the hell" I give blood 3 or 4 times a year anyway might as well get paid. It kinda freaked me out that they take the blood out, extract the plasma then put the plasma-less blood back in. I'm all for giving but ...damn. Just keep it.

·
one day at a time
2,478 Posts
My dad used to do it. He made an extra $400 a month. This is jacksonville FL. though. I think it depends on what area you live!

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
A few months ago I started "donating" plasma here in town at a ZLB plasma place. Your first time there can take a good while because of all of the tests and what not that you have to have done (took me around 4 hours), however, after that first time, I can be in and out in about an hour to an hour and a half.

The pay depends on things like your physical location how much you weigh (which determines how much plasma you can give). 175 lbs and up is the most paying (for here anyway), and pays $40 each visit. Since you can give plasma twice a week, thats an extra $80 a week for a total of maybe three hours out of your week... just thought I would share this with you, as it has helped me to be able to fund my prepping alot more lately. :thumb:
that is one of the better ways ive heard of for getting extra cash for preps :thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts