Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
PreparationInBubbaNation
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this one comes from an off angle. This was brought to my attention by quartz, a member of this Board

http://www.parentalrights.org/index.asp?Type=B_BASIC&SEC={96190840-EC3B-4A5E-80EE-9719625B62A5}

The UN believes that the idea that small arms are “essential instruments for survival and protection” is destructive. Remember that the UN CRC purports to govern all actions and attitudes. The very belief that guns are necessary for protection is a destructive attitude that violates the “respect for human rights” required by the UN CRC.

There can be no doubt of the meaning of the statement: “Regulations are needed to ensure that small arms and light weapons are not easy to acquire and are never accessible to children.”

The UN official pamphlet makes it plain that nations need to “mplement laws to protect children . . .from having access to small arms.” Moreover, the UN says that states should “[c]ollect and destroy small arms … through community programmes in which civil society plays a key role.”

The UN actively promotes the idea that small arms conflict with the human rights of children protected by the CRC. Yet another UN publication states:

UNICEF, together with the United Nations Department for Disarmament Affairs, has designed an exhibit, shown around the world, called "Taking Aim at Small Arms: Defending Child Rights". The exhibit documents the scourge of small arms and light weapons, emphasizing their prevalence worldwide and the toll they take on human lives—especially children.

Thus, it is clear that UNICEF believes that in order to comply with the principles of children’s rights contained in the UN CRC, America would need to adopt regulations to make it difficult for adults to acquire small arms and light weapons. :eek:

Moreover, we would need to adopt regulations that prohibit weapons from ever being accessible to children.
DO it for "the children" :xeye:

never mind your having to defend them from being kidnapped, like in Mexico or Argentina, with a broomstick

·
Forever Vigilant
2,260 Posts
If they want the U.S. to leave the U.N., that's a sure way to make it happen.
You're joking right? You do understand that we have an anti-gun government, right? Harold Koh is who Obama wants for his top legal advisor. He is a transnationalist who believes that NO ONE on earth should have weapons. Rahm is anti-gun, Napolitano is anti-gun, Holder is anti-gun, Obama is anti-gun, Pelosi is anti-gun, Reid is anti-gun.

Our politicians want to get in bed with the UN.

·
"I drank what?" -Socrates
1,414 Posts
If they want the U.S. to leave the U.N., that's a sure way to make it happen.
This country will never leave the UN. And certainly not over a gun issue. Too many people right here at home agree with the idea of banning any and all weapons. It's treaties like this and that other one that the Obamessiah wants the Senate to ratify that will eventually sound the death knell for private fireamrs ownership in America. They can't get rid of the 2A, so they'll go around it instead, and make it irrelevant....trumped by "international law".

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
There are too many guns in the hands of private citizens for that to happen, and too many with the "Pry it From My Cold Dead Hands" mentality. One way or another, the UN will fail in the mission to disarm America, just as the US Govt will fail in that mission should they try. Be it the next congress pulling us out of the UN, or the US falling into civil war, Americans will not sacrifice their guns "for the children".

·
Registered
969 Posts
""The UN believes that the idea that small arms are “essential instruments for survival and protection” is destructive."":sleep:

I think the UN is the most destructive group of criminal people on the planet, including anyone from the US who supports them.

The UN has no legitimacy in the free world and should be shunned and isolated at the very least, if not destroyed.

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,685 Posts
A foreign treaty cannot over rule the Constitution so I wouldn't worry about it.

http://www.jpands.org/hacienda/article4.html

HE UN, RESOLUTE THIS!!!!!!!!!! (grabs his crotch)

There is a pecking order: God made People, People made States, States made the Union. Therefore, the Union is beholden to the States, the States are beholden to the People, and all three are beholden to God, and if you don't like it, up yours.

·
Registered
95 Posts
There are too many guns in the hands of private citizens for that to happen, and too many with the "Pry it From My Cold Dead Hands" mentality. One way or another, the UN will fail in the mission to disarm America, just as the US Govt will fail in that mission should they try. Be it the next congress pulling us out of the UN, or the US falling into civil war, Americans will not sacrifice their guns "for the children".
Amen to that!!! Like the old saying goes... Sure, I'll give up my guns, but I will give you all of the bullets first! (And I have a LOT of bullets)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.