Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Self-reliant
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--

Before you guys bash me about how crappy the pouch is, let me say this in my defense :p I've used that pouch for years for first aid use and it's about to retire. I AM getting a new trauma pouch soon, and pictures will be posted when that time comes.

This pouch comes with me when my buddies and I go driving aimlessly for long distances, or when I'm acting as a stand-by medic for sporting events. At times it'll just be in the truck with us when I don't feel like bringing my Medic's bag.

The pouch itself. Yes, there is masking tape holding the shears and electrical tape acting as retention.

Back side--more tape. Keep in mind this pouch is a first aid veteran

Main compartment
-German-made EMT Shears
-4-inch Israeli bandage
-Extra trauma items

Front compartment's stuff out
-Note pad, opened to the quick vital taking reference and such. (You can't see it I know, but in the picture with everything you can tell that there's writing)
-Nitrile gloves

Extra trauma stuff
-4-inch Emergency dressing
-Gauze pads
-Steri-strips
-Band Aids (I know I said trauma, but I may need those)
-More Nitrile gloves

Everything together

As I've said, I'm purchasing a new pouch (maybe a MOLLE-compatible pouch, I don't know) soon as well as maybe some QuikClot or any other clotting agents I can get my hands on.

NOW you may laugh

·
Self-reliant
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually yes this did work quite well today

The rugby team I do stand-by first aid for had one of their players got injured when someone landed on his face and his eye-lid was cut open (yeah he needs stitches later) and this kit was already with me when I took out the Steri-strips and the gauze to treat what I could.

Minutes later another player came off the field with a huge bump on his head and his head split open. The kit again came into use.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Quikclot Is Necessary for an Emergency Kit

--

Before you guys bash me about how crappy the pouch is, let me say this in my defense :p I've used that pouch for years for first aid use and it's about to retire. I AM getting a new trauma pouch soon, and pictures will be posted when that time comes.

This pouch comes with me when my buddies and I go driving aimlessly for long distances, or when I'm acting as a stand-by medic for sporting events. At times it'll just be in the truck with us when I don't feel like bringing my Medic's bag.

The pouch itself. Yes, there is masking tape holding the shears and electrical tape acting as retention.

Back side--more tape. Keep in mind this pouch is a first aid veteran

Main compartment
-German-made EMT Shears
-4-inch Israeli bandage
-Extra trauma items

Front compartment's stuff out
-Note pad, opened to the quick vital taking reference and such. (You can't see it I know, but in the picture with everything you can tell that there's writing)
-Nitrile gloves

Extra trauma stuff
-4-inch Emergency dressing
-Gauze pads
-Steri-strips
-Band Aids (I know I said trauma, but I may need those)
-More Nitrile gloves

Everything together

As I've said, I'm purchasing a new pouch (maybe a MOLLE-compatible pouch, I don't know) soon as well as maybe some QuikClot or any other clotting agents I can get my hands on.

NOW you may laugh
I like the fact that your new kit will include Quikclot gauze. I have had some experience with using their products and keep some in my home medicine cabinet as well as my to-go first aid kit. I use a blood thinner and any cut can be a real bleeding problem. I always try to stop the bleed with conventional gauze and pressure, but have to resort to using a Quikclot pad
when that doesn't work. I have never failed to get the bleeding stopped with a Quikclot pad. On a couple of occasions, I had to use it when helping a fellow hiker who has taken a fall or gotten cut. We now have it in the group first aid kit that we carry on a "club hike".

Like a handgun, Quikclot is something that you don't need often, but when you do need it, you need it badly.

·
Self-reliant
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha yeah. I've always heard that's the good stuff. I checked out a box of QuikClot First Response over at the store by my place and it's 70 / a pack. I get 10% discount there because of my training and such but...70 for that? Nevermind :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.