Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the Wall Street Journal editorial page 19 sept 08

Party of Lawyers

Barack Obama and Joe Biden are both lawyers. Neither John McCain nor Sarah Palin is a lawyer. Kedwards were both lawyers too, whereas neither George W. Bush nor **** Cheney is one.

Eugene Volokh, a lawyer, extends the pattern further: Of 12 Democratic presidential and vice presidential nominees since 1980, all but two (Jimmy Carter and Al Gore) were lawyers. Of the nine Republican nominees in the same period, all but two (Dan Quayle and Bob Dole) were nonlawyers.

The Republicans, that is, have not had a lawyer on the ticket since 1996. The Democrats have had two lawyers on each ticket since 2000. The last Republican ticket with two lawyers was Ford-Dole in 1976; the last Democratic ticket without a lawyer was Johnson-Humphrey in 1968.

Do lawyers make good presidents? They can: Abe Lincoln was one. But recent experience is not so encouraging. The last lawyer to be president, Bill Clinton, was impeached. And the last all-lawyer ticket to be elected? That would be Richard Nixon and Spiro Agnew. Both resigned in disgrace

·
Inglourious Basterd
2,966 Posts
G.W. isn't smart enough to be a lawyer, besides when you are the recipient of a trust fund from daddy you don't need a real job.

·
AFDQ
1,026 Posts
With the exception of listing the tyrant Lincoln as a good example of anything, I agree. GW may not be smart enought o be a lawyer, but he did manage to become pres... Have you?

Didn't thinks so....m Keep looking, I am sure there is a reason that makes sense NOT to be a conservative. (At least to your kind)

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Impeached for lying about a blowjob which didn't get anyone killed. Bush, on the other hand, lies about WMD's and gets thousands killed, and you all but give him a blowjob.
You see, I'd like it if he had killed more, and sooner. So grousing about that doesn't bother me at all. Not only that, but some day you're just going to have to find someones to bash. You're favorite punching bag is leaving office. Here's hoping you get McCain to mash for eight years... and Palin eight years after that...

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So you wish he would have killed more US soliders, and sooner? That's nice... But wait, I forgot, you were in Vietnam. So that means 40 years later you can now sit on your fat ass and send younger people to go fight in pointless wars.
Actually I have a nice tush... as for old men sending young men off to war...it's so we can have sex with all their wives and girlfriends while they're gone... snow on the roof does not mean there is no fire in the furnace. Said another way... and this may harm your ears to hear it, young men are the most expendable members of a society. As harsh or cruel as that may be, a society can lose an entire generation of young men and do quite well because sperm -- the only thing young men have in abundance -- is a common commodity. So any society, even one run by young women, are always going to send young men off to war, for good or bad, because young men are the least valuable members of any society.

As for war, there is no pointless war. Indeed, if one is fortunate wars become pointless. That is, if the reason one goes to war becomes passe then war served it's purpose, a positive, and if there are a few less vulgar juveniles running around and posting on the Internet, well ...all the better. Two positives. I call that a win win.

And if one looks closely at that perennial dig about old men and war et cetera... far more women are now involved, and younger men. The average age of Congress drops all the time. So even the empty insult is not longer accurate, old men do not send young men off to war. Elected officials do. And if you don't like that, get them unelected. That's what politics are all about. And one does not get officials out of office or elected by being vulgar or insulting. If one wants to convince adults one has to be adult.

Oh, and one more thing. Nearly every president gets involved in a war, large or small, declared or not. If elected, Obama will send service men into harms way and the tally will rise on his watch. Indeed, I think the death toll for the US and the world stands a chance of being very great under an Obama administration than a McCain one. A man who has been a prisoner of war is less quick to create new ones.

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what nonsense. War is always a waste of lives and money.
No at all. If it were not for the US in WWII you would be writing in German or Japanese. And if we do not confront radical Muslims where ever they may be, your grandchildren may be speaking Arabic or Farsi.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
No at all. If it were not for the US in WWII you would be writing in German or Japanese. And if we do not confront radical Muslims where ever they may be, your grandchildren may be speaking Arabic or Farsi.
a few thouand extremists out of a billion are going to take us over. nonsense.

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
a few thouand extremists out of a billion are going to take us over. nonsense.
A revolution starts with one committed man. More to the point. Those few "extremists" are defining Islam of today and tomorrow. You note how silent the rest of that billion are when the few thousand extremist do something murderous. Islam is a snake, all it needs is an angry head, and it has one. So yes, a few thousand can indeed take over a billion. (For a non-religious example, a few dozen control China's billion.)

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
A revolution starts with one committed man. More to the point. Those few "extremists" are defining Islam of today and tomorrow. You note how silent the rest of that billion are when the few thousand extremist do something murderous. Islam is a snake, all it needs is an angry head, and it has one. So yes, a few thousand can indeed take over a billion. (For a non-religious example, a few dozen control China's billion.)
staying "silent"? as opposed to fanning the flames of ignorance and hatred?

·
AFDQ
1,026 Posts
McCCain/Palin - America First

Obama/Biden - Blame America First

Nuff said....

except - coawards and traitors.... hahahahaha

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
McCCain/Palin - America First

Obama/Biden - Blame America First

Nuff said....

except - coawards and traitors.... hahahahaha
The last 8 years under Bush and Cheney...self explanatory.

got debt?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts