Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Proverbs 26:4
2,112 Posts
Looks good but as I suspected it is pretty expensive.
It costs nearly $150 and that would buy a lot of charcoal. Since I already plan on using dutch ovens I'll just use that money for more charcoal.

But thanks for posting it, it does look prety cool.

·
Most Thankful Guy here
38,965 Posts
Very nice, is there a website for price information? Or did I miss it in the video?

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
68,576 Posts
That's an interesting system. Looks to be a fuel miser too. The one thing I notice missing though is adjustable air vents. I guess I'm spoiled to my Webers, but I can control them to within about 10 degrees of my desired temperature and keep them that way for hours, using the adjustable vents. 500 degree is way too hot for a lot of cooking. I guess they include a chart telling how many briquettes to use for what temperature, but adjustable vents are the only real way to keep the temp right.

·
"Sleeper"
58 Posts
I bought one at Cabelas a year ago, on sale for $39. You can do almost anything with it on just a few pieces of charcoal. Last summer at a get together of fellow boaters, I made 12 custom pizzas on mine. Keep your eyes out for a sale!

·
Geronimo!
4,053 Posts
Those wouldn't happen to be venison brats there at the end would they Kev?

Nice looking grill/smoker. Made me hungry. I may have to get out there and do some grilling myself this weekend.

You ever have any troubles with the rubber on those tires getting too hot when using direct fire under the spit? Or do you always use indirect heat and smoke?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Bad thing if you are trying to store charcoal briquet's, they don't last long, even in super dry climates like where I live. (think 2 years max before they are a super pain in the butt to light on fire in a charcoal chimney.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts