Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
I would bet money all involved were black otherwise the article would of at least noted race or just started screaming racism. Illinois is the last CCW holdout. If this had been Chicago chances are it would be about a successful robbery or a murder.

That's when the customer in the chair opened fire and emptied his automatic clip containing multiple rounds.
All magazines (NOT CLIP) contain multiple rounds. DUH. Reminds me of a texas woman who fired 5 rounds from her 38 special at/into her rapist. When asked why she shot him five times her answer was because the revolver didn't hold six.

·
Prepping...
160 Posts
Unfortunately there probably won't be a happy ending for the guy who shot the robber. He is going to be the target lawsuits for years to come from the robber's family. What a great country we live in huh you almost get killed, protect yourself, and now your in court for the rest of your life. It would have been worse had he only wounded the guy too wrongful injury, attempted murder, the list goes on.

On a lighter note they should let him keep the smock and he needs to wear it as a cape. :)

·
Survivor, so far
46,082 Posts
Yes, happy ending. I do love this part of the news article:

" That's when the customer in the chair opened fire and emptied
his automatic clip containing multiple rounds. "

Do your automatic clips contain multiple rounds ?

·
Pull up your Dora panties
7,377 Posts
if two customers were armed, why did one of the robers manage to flee? what was the other armed customer doing? and a kudos to the man who did the shooting, AND swept the children out of harms way.

·
Cry Havoc
1,435 Posts
The only time a clip shouldn't contain multiple rounds is when you're using it to play russian roulette. On a side note, if you're playing russian roulette with an automatic, try to go second.

·
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wondered the same thing, what was the second armed customer doing???

I also thought he showed some great restraint. He may have been going to let the guy walk if he was just after money. But when the robber fired a shot all bets were off. He also had the presence of mind to sweep the kids behind him.

As far as a lawsuit, well, the one robber that remained on scene ain't gonna be testifying. The one that boned out probably isn't going to testify as he would have to speak up that he was the second guy in an armed robbery. I'd think everyone else in the barbershop is going to be very friendly to the shooter.

You're right, they can always sue, but I'd think they'd have a hard time trying to find an attorney to take that case because if it happened as reported they don't have much of one.

·
Banned
19,284 Posts
How can they sue? I've heard the horror stories of homeowners and cops getting sued when they live LOL. How can you or your family (or baby's momma) get paid if you were killed LEGALLY while committing a felony????

I've always been told that the "dead can't sue, only the winged" LOL

·
high on truck stop coffee
18,895 Posts
I wonder why other Detroit area sites aren't carrying this story.?

..like www.wdiv.com

This is a perfect example of selective news reporting..me thinks they have an AA News director.Know what I mean,Vern.?

·
Retrofitted Sheeple
30,078 Posts
I would bet money all involved were black otherwise the article would of at least noted race or just started screaming racism. Illinois is the last CCW holdout. If this had been Chicago chances are it would be about a successful robbery or a murder.
83% of Detroit is black. Good guess. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts