Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Who is John Galt?
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this hasn't been covered already, but for those that carry, where is your weapon usually? Is it in a holster under jacket/shirt, inside waist of pants, in pocket, in bag/purse? I was just curious.....thanks.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Where to carry

I carry mine in an outside the waistband holster and always concealed under a jacket, sweater or shirt.

·
Happiness is 2 at low 8
1,403 Posts
I hope this hasn't been covered already, but for those that carry, where is your weapon usually? Is it in a holster under jacket/shirt, inside waist of pants, in pocket, in bag/purse? I was just curious.....thanks.
IWB strong hip..

Allan

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
depends on the weather. I carry what ever is easiest for the day. Cool enough for a coat then I wear a 45 in a pancake holster. Hot then I wear the Kel Tec 380 with belt clip inside pants. Always got a 1911 I built or the new Taurus PT145 in the vehicle. One thing about North Carolina if you do not like the weather wait 15 min it will change. :)

·
Banned
630 Posts
I usually carry a Colt 1911 in an inside- the- belt holster(Andrews Leather) on my right hip and a S&W mod 40 in a ankle holster....If I am wearing a suit or sport coat, I carry a Colt 1911 in an Alessi horizontal shoulder holster with double magazine pouch under right arm...I also carry sometimes in a Baker pancake holster.....

·
Who is John Galt?
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks....I knew some of you carried the 1911 and was curious about that......my wife will be carrying the Glock 26 probably inside the waist band......I am thinking about a .40 or .45 and wondered about the additional size/bulk.....

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I have only carried inside my waistband at the 1:00 position. I think that is the most easily concealable spot where I always know it is there and secured and am able to keep it covered up well with almost any outfit.. other than my full size 1911, most guns are fairly comfortable in this spot for me.. I have a job where I can dress casual and don't typically wear dress shirts, so it works well for me. When I have to tuck a shirt in, I usually bring something smaller to carry in my inside the pocket holster and keep my 45 in my laptop bag, that I never take off my shoulder..

But I much prefer to have the gun as close to my body as possible.

·
Go to guy
661 Posts
My usual is a strong side just behind the hip in a belt slide or strong side hip in a high pancake. Either way I usually conceal with a loose fitting shirt/jacket so that I do not print.

·
DILIGENTIA VIS CELERITAS
727 Posts
In town (close to home) I carry a glock 26 in my pocket. Out of town I carry a glock 22 in a Kydex small of the back holster. I am a bit fat so it is hard to conceal a weapon any other way. Where I live it gets really hot so wearing 2 shirts to conceal a full size gun is out of the question. My 26 fits nicely in my back pocket.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I carry my Kel Tec 380 either in my purse or inside the pants with the belt clip. If I'm carrying my 1911, I have it in a shoulder holster riding just below my left armpit. I can only do this if I have a bulky jacket on as I am rather small and you can see the butt of the gun if I'm wearing something tight.

·
Registered
13 Posts
90% of the time I carry IWB strong side at about the 3:30 position with a short or jacket covering the weapon. For me, this conceals the weapon properly and also is extremely accessible should I ever need it.

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
1911 under left armpit --- 2 mags under right

·
NRA Instructor-Ohio CCW
3,169 Posts
Fobus paddle strong side about 3:00 FBI cant. Taurus 24/7 40 Pro Compact. 11 round clip in pistol, one in chamber, safety on.. 15 round clip in coat pocket.

·
I feel good.... . . .
494 Posts
Super concealed very comfortable!

I carry mostly on the hip depending on what my flavor is for the day, but when I want to be real low-pro and still pack a punch and I'm not overly concerned with draw speed I carry S&W .38 snub internal hammer in a Galco Cop-Model ankle holster (Velcro, spandex type material and nylon). I am right handed and use the one for the right ankle only I turn it so the gun is on the inside of my leg (the butt faces forwards). This is HIGHLY concealed and very comfortable and only takes a second to drop down and draw.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts