Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and the value of this information to humanity can not be over-estimated ;)

http://news.yahoo.com/magnetic-field-keeps-dogs-in-line-during-bathroom-breaks--study-184949050.html

Mystery solved: Why dogs spin in circles before doing their business:

"If you're a dog owner, you've probably noticed that some dogs will spin around a few times in a circle before settling in to relieve themselves. Ever wonder why?

Turns out it's because they're trying to align with the Earth's magnetic field, according to new research....."

·
Banned
12,491 Posts
...and the value of this information to humanity can not be over-estimated ;)

http://news.yahoo.com/magnetic-field-keeps-dogs-in-line-during-bathroom-breaks--study-184949050.html

Mystery solved: Why dogs spin in circles before doing their business:

"If you're a dog owner, you've probably noticed that some dogs will spin around a few times in a circle before settling in to relieve themselves. Ever wonder why?

Turns out it's because they're trying to align with the Earth's magnetic field, according to new research....."
BS. It's genetic memory to make sure they're not squatting down on a snake or scorpion or something - take a good look around so you don't die. Also pats down the grass their ancestors used to lay on, when they do the circle for sleep.

·
Why do you ask? 2 Dogs!
14,147 Posts
And being the great liberal scientists that they are........

I'm sure they milked it for all it was worth before they finally had to release their findings

They'll go far in life

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Instead of a Fire Hydrant, I keep a miniature White House one the back lawn.
That way, as the crap builds up, I actually feel a sense of accomplishment when
I clean it up for them.
Of course, when the pee on it, I like to think its raining in D.C.

Oh, yea, they spin around also.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.