Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upshot/own-own-town-800k-210019125.html

Looking to buy a place and prepare it for SHTF? Well you can just buy this entire town for around 800k. It includes a dance hall, a saloon, two jails, a train depot, two stores, and some more empty buildings.

A survivalist would surely make good use of this relatively cheap deal and work on building a area designed for SHTF.

It would be great to remake this town and just be your own mayor.

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts
Most of these kind of stories are either a scam or at the very least, not what they seem.

Like the "free land" deal where you had to build a 200k house in an area where shipping in the materials will cost you double.

Save 20k, Waste 400k.

But let me save my skepticism till after I've researched this.

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts
I officially hate CNN all over again...

I dunno if it's that bald Emasculated Girly man, trying to push in a joke, while talking over the two Liberal Man hating ladies or their attempt to mock some poor old lady who is selling 40+ acres for 800k. Either way, this kind of Elitist "light news" makes my stomach turn.

Hey Lavender Tie, Effeminate Mr. Clean wannabe, how about you stop trying so hard? You go from unwitty to an uncomfortably desperate attention whore.

Seriously guys, these "professionals" just trashed a group trying to sell real estate. This isn't a gimmick, but people trying to raise enough money to save a family member.

How is that professional? It's not "free advertising" to mock someone. Especially someone that's sick. No shame at all.

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts
I totally derailed the thread. Sorry guys...

Yeah, it actually looks like a great deal.

The rail station is operational. One jail is updated, the other one isn't. (unlike the news people who mocked it.... no.. don't derail... errgh...)

This is South Dakota. Some of the toughest Americans live out there.

Personally i would have to research where they stand on Electricity, Sewage/trash disposal, water treatment, hospital care, and the condition of the rail road. I would also consider it if I could buy surrounding lands for a steal.

A group of survivalists could literally have their own paradise if not for the land restrictions and regional issues.

40 acres isn't a whole lot when you are considering independence from the out side world. Especially in that climate and region. You would need hundreds just to produce your own diverse amounts of food.

Reactions: Summer

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts
My wife and I, could set up a taxidermy business. People fly in to hunt large game as a vacation. South and North Dakota Deer are HUGE. We could bring in thousands to the towns economy.

Right now people drive hours just to have us do their mounts.

Not trying to brag, but our work is second to none. It might help with your fire arm sales, repairs, and even who ever decided to sell ammunition.

Reactions: MikeK

·
Registered
66 Posts
I Know this town, the place sits right next to an indian reservation, (not that there is anything wrong with Native Americans) So dont freak out, however the place would be a dissaster to defend, maintain and its location would make it untennable for what we would need, Ya need mountains, trees and wilderness, that is not there

·
Registered
66 Posts
at the rate things are going in the entire country, it will be for sale too, that is after the countries we owe, call in their marker for default on debt, (some of them would not make good neighbors BTW) just sayn,

1 - 20 of 61 Posts