Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a couple other threads about bank runs, if anyone is making withdrawls and stashing cash at home, and it reminded me of what happened in 2008.

This is from a couple years ago, but is timely and a good look at how the money market run that almost brought us TEOTWAWKI started in 2008.

How The World Almost Came To An End At 2PM On September 18

http://zerohedge.blogspot.com/2009/02/how-world-almost-came-to-end-at-2pm-on.html

$550 billion was withdrawn in a couple hours. Those of you who think it will be people lined up around their neighborhood bank, think again.

It will be over before we know it...

·
Survivus most anythingus
3,874 Posts
I can't help but think...given everything that has happened and things that might happen...if this might be preferable.

·
I hate everyone equally.
1,349 Posts
Our spineless congress will vote to raise the debt ceiling....again, kick the can down the road, and keep the country on course for the economic cliff. A balanced budged amendment means nothing when nobody has the political will to cut the spending right now by 30 to 50% across the board.
Part of the congress is spineless, the other part is evil. You can pick which part is which, for yourself, because it really doesn't matter. The ceiling will be raised with no meaningful spending cuts, which WILL lead to catastrophe at some point in time.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
If you want to keep your money in the bank, that is ok with me. All I ask is that you keep at least 3 months worth of living expenses in another location that has easy access.

If the banks experience a run, you will at least have money for a few months of expenses. That is if hyperinflation doesn't slap us in the face after a bank run.

If our economy/government had collapsed, I am not sure that that would be a good/bad thing.

We are living through tumulterous times right now. The unknown elements in our countrys' future has given the government an incredible amount of power (a lot of it currupt power) to steer our country onto any path that they choose.

I can not see good coming out of the next few years. Our American Citizens are loosing our freedoms on a daily basis; and even though we are making our demands known to the government of the United States, that same government has turned a deft ear to the demands of its citizens.

We are suppose to be a government ruled by the people, for the people and of the people. But more and more it is looking like a dictitorial takeover of our country. The only thing I have yet to see is the use of military firepower aimed directly at the citizens to control the masses.

Now with the use of Martial Law in Quartsight, AZ, you can bet to see more of this kind of move by the government in pockets around the country. Then a big move to place Martial Law on the whole country to take control of its citizens.

God Bless and keep on prepping.

·
angel waiting
4,071 Posts
I have to agree with the others. It doesn't matter if your a Democrat or Republican both parties are self-centered, ignorant, stupid idiots in my opinion. Instead of making huge cuts to the deficit and raising taxes to try and put this country back on it's feet they are having pi$$ing contests in Washington to see whose stream is bigger. They need to quit worrying about upsetting their political backers and do the hard thing the right thing for this country. Unfortunately to make things right EVERYONE is going to have to sacrafice something. Luckily for the really poor or perpetual lazy and the rich it probably won't be them, once again I fear it will be the middle class hard working citizens who end up shouldering the problem. Your right they will raise the debt ceiling and all it will do is kick the can down the road a little further I only hope it is further enough so the smarter ones have a little more time to prepare for it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
News coverage?

If you want to keep your money in the bank, that is ok with me. All I ask is that you keep at least 3 months worth of living expenses in another location that has easy access.

If the banks experience a run, you will at least have money for a few months of expenses. That is if hyperinflation doesn't slap us in the face after a bank run.

If our economy/government had collapsed, I am not sure that that would be a good/bad thing.

We are living through tumulterous times right now. The unknown elements in our countrys' future has given the government an incredible amount of power (a lot of it currupt power) to steer our country onto any path that they choose.

I can not see good coming out of the next few years. Our American Citizens are loosing our freedoms on a daily basis; and even though we are making our demands known to the government of the United States, that same government has turned a deft ear to the demands of its citizens.

We are suppose to be a government ruled by the people, for the people and of the people. But more and more it is looking like a dictitorial takeover of our country. The only thing I have yet to see is the use of military firepower aimed directly at the citizens to control the masses.

Now with the use of Martial Law in Quartsight, AZ, you can bet to see more of this kind of move by the government in pockets around the country. Then a big move to place Martial Law on the whole country to take control of its citizens.

God Bless and keep on prepping.
Wow! I live on the east coast & until this post I have not heard about the situation. I never saw it on my MSN home page as news, & I watch Fox occasionally & didn't see it there. I would think Martial Law would be a big deal to america. Why is this the first I'm seeing it?

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
....I hadn't heard about it either and I'm in that part of the country. Our media glances over, or completely ignore so many important stories now......
Same here, I haven't heard a word. I just dug this up,and it's quite interesting. Also notewrthy is that this well done news piece ( in the video) isn't from an American outlet, but from RT (Russia Today),a pretty good news source, but a sad commentary on the fact that this wasn't properly covered here.

http://fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/arizona-town-under-martial-law-update/5408

·
Learning
1,188 Posts
Same here, I haven't heard a word. I just dug this up,and it's quite interesting. Also notewrthy is that this well done news piece ( in the video) isn't from an American outlet, but from RT (Russia Today),a pretty good news source, but a sad commentary on the fact that this wasn't properly covered here.

http://fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/arizona-town-under-martial-law-update/5408
I listen to the BBC radio quite a bit. Believe it or not they do a great job of covering world events that our national news completely ignore. It's no wonder people in other countries complain how ignorant most Americans are about anything outside of their own backyards.

It's basically the old saying of one not seeing past the tip of their own nose.

·
Registered
10,300 Posts
To me it seems that many elected officials pander to the public for votes. They tell us what we wish to hear then turn around after being elected and do as they please, whether to please their donors or themselves. In this Quartsite, Az. case they have are now bypassing and breaking law, the Brown Act I believe which indicates that these public meeting should not occur behind closed doors.

In doing so they have taken the public completely out of the process which is completely contrary to the proper process and against the law. It is my belief that the public is supposed to have the opportunity for input and over sight of those that represent us.

PS Perhaps it is time for a change to hold our representatives accountable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts