Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 3245 Posts

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
17,233 Posts
I see it on the Bible Handouts. Half the drivers want Spanish.

I am amazed how many people are out there who have, basically, no functional English skills. .

·
Registered
10,089 Posts
Look at the bright side. It's being aired on the news (haven't seen it on the MSM yet), border agents are aware of it and most if not all will be caught and turned around; not released into the US as under obama, and it will increase support and the possibly of extra funding for the wall..

Edit: Apprently this is being organized/supported by People without Borders. Remember them?

·
Registered
885 Posts
I wish there was a way to make more Central and South American countries desirable to live in. These people shouldn't have to look to migrate. It is possible for these countries to improve the quality of life for their citizens. The country of Chile since the 1980s changed their economy system to being more free market friendly. The result has been an economy boom for the country with a reported far fewer Chilean citizens living in poverty.

·
Ultranationalist
12,877 Posts
There are a lot of posters on this site who see this news as "meh". No big deal. Probably not even true. So what if they come here?

What are you going to do, Texas? I seem to recall hearing about Texas' willingness to secure it's border, and something about a Trump wall more recently than that. Should handle this almost definitely disease ridden horde, right?

·
Weed 'em and reap
30,981 Posts
It was built on the backs of illegal aliens.
I'm sorry, but I really do need to stop you there. This is just another variation on the "The rich got rich by exploiting the poor" myth. The poor don't have anything worth stealing. Illegal immigrant labour tending lettuce and pulling up carrots isn't worth enough to make people rich, and it's not my fault that Mexico is such a **** hole that Juan and Diego would rather be "in the shadows" here than doing whatever it is they were doing back home where they belonged.

I call bull****.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
17,233 Posts
From what I hear, they work less, here, actually, then they would back home. A cab driver told me they hire someone to work the entire day, which is generally at least 12 hours, for a set rate.

Here they get paid by the hour, generally. It must seem like paradise.

I have always said if they spent as much time working to make "back home" a palatable place to live we wouldn't have all these problems. But they are too lazy or scared to change the existing infrastructure.

I remember a mission trip I did in TJ. We had to buy water off a truck every day so we could shower and cook (we had to boil the water). They literally had no infrastructure. People would defecate in buckets and throw it down the hill. It was horrific.

Not saying that excuses illegal immigration, but they have a lot of work to do back home, and they need to do it quick.

·
Registered
10,089 Posts
I was wrong in part of my earlier post. If they even put one toe on American soil and claim they're seeking asylum, even with border agents waving them away and telling them to stop, they get in. They are taken into custody, go before a judge and get a hearing date on their request. Then they are released into the public. Of course they never show for the court date.

The key is the claiming of asylum. We have laws and procedures on that subject.

·
Registered
10,356 Posts
From what I hear, they work less, here, actually, then they would back home. A cab driver told me they hire someone to work the entire day, which is generally at least 12 hours, for a set rate.

Here they get paid by the hour, generally. It must seem like paradise.

I have always said if they spent as much time working to make "back home" a palatable place to live we wouldn't have all these problems. But they are too lazy or scared to change the existing infrastructure.

I remember a mission trip I did in TJ. We had to buy water off a truck every day so we could shower and cook (we had to boil the water). They literally had no infrastructure. People would defecate in buckets and throw it down the hill. It was horrific.

Not saying that excuses illegal immigration, but they have a lot of work to do back home, and they need to do it quick.
We have a lot of most-likely illegals that make up the day-labor force. Some work for $100 a day, cash and they are hard workers, if they want to keep getting work. I know contractors who hire them for back breaking demolition work. They are seen as disposable. If they get hurt, they keep it quiet if they can since they have no insurance of any type.

I've been down to Mexico for work, we stayed on the Texas side of the border at night. We never ate at any of the factories or drank any water. We would bring in our lunch every day. The factories themselves were set up well, clean and modern with armed guards. Internal theft is a huge issue.

We once had to go to another facility a few miles away... it was like a ghetto in between the buildings. Houses we passed... which is a stretch. They were more like shacks, some had no doors. You were doing well if you had a front door and not a dirt floor.

For all the nicer places in Mexico, there are probably 10,000 that are not fit for people to live in.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
17,233 Posts
That's one thing that really bothers me: the paratransit service (short bus for extremely disabled) has spanish speaking phone clerks. I'm sorry, but if you can't make your trip in English, you need to stay home. If you can't make your trip in English, you can't let the driver know you are having a medical crisis, or give directions. And they get a HUGE attitude if the driver only speaks English!

I would never go to another country to live and expect them to speak my language only.

·
Registered
6,320 Posts
This is phase two. Sanctuary magnets in place. Useful idiots coopted. Congress on the payroll. Propaganda campaign well advanced. Media controlled and partnered. Phase two: does the resolve exist to reject a column of foreign nationals end masses like in Hungary or is the border porous and govt weak like in Greece and Itally? Our wannabe Markle was defeated in 2016. Time for the test......

1 - 20 of 3245 Posts