·
Come quickly Lord
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Come quickly Lord
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One more link. There is something YOU can do to help in this!

http://www.democracynow.org/blog/20...porting_on_the_republican_national_convention

Call to Action on Behalf of DN! Journalists Facing Charges for Reporting on the Republican National Convention

Today it is critical that you make your voice heard in the Ramsey County Attorney and St. Paul City Attorney offices. Demand that they drop all pending and current charges against journalists arrested while reporting on protests outside the Republican National Conventions.

Democracy Now! Host Amy Goodman was arrested while questioning police about the unlawful detention of Producers Sharif Abdel Kouddous and Nicole Salazar, who were arrested while they carried out their journalistic duties in covering street demonstrations at the Republican National Convention.

The Ramsey County Attorney’s office is in the process of deciding whether or not to press felony P.C. (probable cause) riot charges against Democracy Now! Producers Sharif Abdel Kouddous and Nicole Salazar. Please contact Ramsey County Attorney Susan Gaertner by all means possible to demand that her office not press charges against Kouddous and Salazar.

Ramsey County Attorney Susan Gaertner
[email protected] (cc: [email protected])
651-266-3222

Susan Gaertner for Governor
[email protected] (cc: [email protected])
(612) 978-8625
(612)804-6156

The St. Paul police have already issued a citation to Amy Goodman charging her with misdemeanor obstruction of a legal process and interference with a peace officer. Contact St. Paul City Attorney John Choi by all means possible to demand that the citation be dismissed immediately.

St. Paul City Attorney John Choi
[email protected] (cc: [email protected]) (651) 266-8710

During the demonstration in which the Democracy Now! team was arrested, law enforcement officers used pepper spray, rubber bullets, concussion grenades and excessive force against protesters and journalists. Several dozen demonstrators were also arrested during this action, as was a photographer for the Associated Press.

IMPORTANT
Be sure to cc: [email protected] on all emails so that our team can deliver print outs of your messages to the St. Paul City Attorney and Ramsey County Attorney offices.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Absolutely disgusting!

Its a sad day when an internationally recognized, fully accredited journalist can be arrested for simply approaching an officer to inquire about two other reporters who are being wrongfully detained. If you notice in the video, the cops werent facing down a raging mob... so what were they doing and what prompted them to arrest her? Also notice that her press passes were taken too.

As far as I've heard, she is still being charged with misdemeanor obstruction, and her staff are facing FELONY RIOT CHARGES! for simply covering a protest. These people have face to face access to the leaders of the world, not to mention clearance to be on the floor of the convention.

Of course the lamestream media isnt covering this much, if at all. And the right wing dickheads on talk radio are blowing it off as being a simple mistake and that the officers need to clear the area and they just got swept up... then why are they still being charged??????

·
Come quickly Lord
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, their passes were taken from them. She said it was taken by Secret Service agents. I would be pressing charges at this point. I will be writing emails this week. I want to make sure my voice is heard. I refuse to lie down and watch the Bill of Rights become obsolete.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
seems like the LEOs there had as strict a set of orders as the event center security staff.

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
kind of like a reporter arrested fer filming on a public sidewalk in Denver?

its both heads of the same beast after your rights.

Reactions: 4giv3n1

·
22,122 Posts
oh yeah- I forgot security and LEOs are all bilderbergers and masons now- sorry 'bout that

·
Registered
958 Posts
seems like the LEOs there had as strict a set of orders as the event center security staff.
Exactly... just following orders. Its funny how the Nazis tried that, only difference is that it seems to work now.

But thats okay... The LEOs arent the bad guys... its the one who gave the orders right? Or the politicians who allow it to happen...

B U L L S H I T ! ! ! !

These cops, like most are mindless machines. They dont give a crap about your rights.
Sure you meet some who are good guys, seem like real straight shooters... or the ones who chime in a post sometimes... but as soon as its time to haul your ass in or confiscate your guns, violate your rights in plain view of the entire world... they goose step right along with their orders.

I wouldnt trust a cop as far as I could throw him... and that isnt far.

·
22,122 Posts
let the tazings begin en-earnest :rolleyes:

look like we're made guys- Huckleberry and I'll start opening the FEMA camps, Doc, go call Erik Prince and tell him it's GO TIME...

·
Registered
688 Posts
Amy is hardly radical indie media anymore so for her to get busted in such a blatantly knee-jerk reaction by Srgt Supercop is probably due to the fact that she was stepping in for her two compadres who also go by the psuedonym "Pepperspray Productions". Looks like you get cuffed if you open your mouth and ask WTF is going on.

Taser, cuff, stick them in detention and deal with it later.

·
22,122 Posts
Id LOVE to see some more footage, Im sure quite a bit was confiscated. Even my uncle thought the approach to security was heavy handed.

·
Registered
688 Posts
let the tazings begin en-earnest :rolleyes:

look like we're made guys- Huckleberry and I'll start opening the FEMA camps, Doc, go call Erik Prince and tell him it's GO TIME...

Is targeting and detaining media personel is fair game? Vigilance isn't an option and unimbeded media is essential in that vigilance. It supports the righteous and truth and exposes the lies and wickedness that undermines our right to understand what is going on, so that we can make informed decisions.

See, one of the hallmarks of the US, as I see it from outside, is a sense of indignation at injustice and the suppression of truth. Confiscating cameras and detaining (any) media seems to fly in the face of that. Maybe that's just the sugary coating of a **** filled chicklet of a lie that I've been brought up to believe.

Your comment seems to imply that any criticism of a LEO is unfounded and expected.

Reactions: Dwind

·
22,122 Posts
not really- I was mainly having a bit of fun for some earlier shenanigans. Having some inside information on the convention from one of my uncles, who attended, I know that there was a whole lot that was going unreported, and now we see one of the reasons why. I'm not letting cops off the hook here. I have a youtube link of Montreal (I think) police that went undercover and were caught attempting to incite a riot during one of the G8 summits. No doubt they were put up to that by superiors.

But do I blame them personally? YOU BET I DO! It may be a tough call with some decisions at times, and bad decisions are made due to lack of information, ineptitude, or downright malignance. The Montreal cops knew better, And I think most of these fellas did too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts