Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I am whatever I say I am
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The shop where I purchased my gun carries Wolf (pricey!), Magtech, Winchester, and Remmington. I bought .38 spl by Magtech and .357 by Wolf (better to have some ammo than none), but I would like to know which brands are better than others. Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
626 Posts
The name brands are a little higher quality wise, and also reloadable because they are brass, but don't knock the Wolf stuff!

I have shot lots of different calibres Wolf ammo and it has preformed very well, extremely accurate, somewhat dirty(need to clean often) but a lot cheaper than the brand name stuff.

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
A lot of the name brands have different price range/quality ammo.

Winchester, for example, has a lower end 'white box' that is less expensive then their top of the line ammo.

I reload almost everything I shoot, especially at todays prices, but, for my carry pistol, for example, I might get a 20 round box of the high end stuff, and practice with the cheaper offerings, or my reloads.

IMHO, if you don't reload, get the cheap stuff for plinking/practice and the good stuff for the real deal.

You still need to shoot the premium ammo, on occasion, to get used to it and where it shoots, in your firearm.

·
Getting there....
1,231 Posts
MagTech is great stuff for the price. I've bought a few boxes of their .308 and found it an exceptional value at $30/50 rounds. For the records, Wal*Mart carries Federal Power Shock soft points in .270, .30-06, and .308 for $12.97/box here in the South. Again; great ammo for the $.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts