Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What will be the most common/easily accesable round for HP rifles, ie. bigger than .223?

I really like the ballistics of the .243, .270, and 30-06, but i'm affraid that it'll be on the ban list of Mr. obama Hussain.

I dont have much stocked up in the 7.62X39 for the SKS so i'm debating on getting rid of it and going strictly with hunting calibers and hunting type rifles. With the situation as it stands i'm thinking military type rifles and ammo are going to be a ting of the past come this time next year.

i'm going to be getting a rifle soon, i'd love it to be .243 but not verry many places stock it here and i dont think its as common as 30-06.

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
.308 .......

Reactions: zula

·
Registered
571 Posts
OK, this will sound harsh but I'm not trying to belittle you. This is an honest question and not a dig, even tho it may seem that way to some. I'm genuinely interested in your answer.

With the situation as it stands i'm thinking military type rifles and ammo are going to be a ting of the past come this time next year.
Why not get rid of every firearm then? If you're going to sell just because you think they may be banned then why bother with any at all? You know that the others won't be far behind if such things would come to pass.

·
bad grammar deal with it
452 Posts
OK, this will sound harsh but I'm not trying to belittle you. This is an honest question and not a dig, even tho it may seem that way to some. I'm genuinely interested in your answer.

With the situation as it stands i'm thinking military type rifles and ammo are going to be a ting of the past come this time next year.
Why not get rid of every firearm then? If you're going to sell just because you think they may be banned then why bother with any at all? You know that the others won't be far behind if such things would come to pass.
you do have a point.....heres another why dont we all take a proactive stance on this. we all know the assault gun ban didnt do anything to lower crime in fact in most states it went up. that being said send several letters to your local state rep.

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

obama has openly said he wants to ban military type rifles and there ammo, leaving common hunting and target rounds like 30-30, and the .22 lr. Its hard to know what hes going to do so i was asking what the most popular calibers are because thies will mostlikly be the ones that are left.

I'm keeping my SKS because in the event that i "find" ammo for it, i'll have a rifle to shoot it. And being that its a chep reliable rifle, it wont break my heart if i have to burry it.

All obama has to do is re-enstate the Clinton gun ban and it will make it damn near impossible to get such ammo as 7.62x39, steel core/surp rounds, hollow points, and other "military" rounds.

·
Only Half Human
533 Posts
You can't go wrong stocking tons of .22lr and having several back up guns of that caliber. I can't see them banning that and it will be the most usefull round if dinner for most of us ends up being sqirrell,possum,and pigeon.

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At the prison wich i work, a .22lr bolt action was used as the main tower gun for many many years, we have since went to a rem 870 police with 00 buck and less lethal rounds. As the prison grounds grew and ranges increased, we got the mini-14 aswell.

I think at resonable ranges adn with a headshot, the .22lr could be an effective man stopper.

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
And 7.62x39 9mm .38 .357.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts