Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys seen this movie?

http://www.americanwinterfilm.com/

One of the kids needed some medical attention when they couldn´t afford healthcare, and of course it happens exactly then...we´re talking 5-digit bills here folks, the little 12 year kid cried and blamed herself for the fact that her family can´t eat. Man, stuff like that can make a grown man cry.

It was heartbreaking, I had no idea you guys. :(

And this 50 year man, farm owner - and a father to a 11yo Down-syndrome kid, cried. He was about to lose his farm and the only place he could make a permanent home for a child with special needs for the rest of his life. He said - do you know what it feels like to ask your dad for help when you´re 50 years old.

Most of the people in that movie, are common folks like you and me, except - we survive. No WT at all, decent speaking, no foul language - just common people that our times have hit hard - and we´re talking 1 million, alone - in Oregon. It´s a disgrace.

Many of them didn´t even want to get wellfare checks, someone blatantly denied it, and survived without heating, electricity and water, they borrowed that from their kind neighbor - in return for favors and odd jobs, too proud to collect wellfare checks.

Ah...rant rant, I just feel so sorry for these people. I had no idea it was THAT bad over there.

·
Get off my lawn
4,956 Posts
First, thanks for the link. That is a side of America more people need to acknowledge is happening far too often.

Secondly, as I watched is short video I have Fox News on the TV while they show the senate floor going about their hob-knob, pretentious protocol and back slapping. It's nothing short of infuriating.

Gordon Gekko was wrong.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The video is far from short, the link I provided - only links to its official home page - and they have a Preview there.

The film itself is nearly 2 hours long. I´m sure it´s available somewhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts