Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished watching that on Nerflix, would have been better if they showed everything that happened. Some of the people I grew up with worked there when it was GM and then again when it was Fuyao Glass America....what a difference. Kind of at a loss where to start. Whats your take?????

·
Registered
524 Posts
I think a lot of people would find it hard to believe they took such a big pay cut with their new jobs, and that old job is gone forever. Shows how volatile and temporary the business world can be. My Fortune 500 employer, a manufacturing concern, started down that path of copying the Asian method of factory management, but it never really caught on that seriously , as today we are really no more efficient at what we do- but the market we control is a strong one- we have a HUGE backlog to work on. As a consequence, we are paid a good living and I am happy to have a steady paycheck.
But here today, gone tomorrow. I would never settle for such a huge change in employment and lifestyle as those in the documentary.
My favorite line was the one American supervisor or whatever as he answers what he would like to change back at the factory, asked by the Chinese superior. He said he wishes they would duct tape workers' mouths because too much talking, not enough working....... that says a lot right there.
The one main takeaway- Americans are NOT Chinese workers, nor are we soon to change.

·
Learner/Tradesman
119 Posts
"you pet a donkey the way his hair lies or he will kick you. This is how we have to manage these americans, we guide them and help them because we are better than them."

That said a lot right there about cultures and attitudes.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Just finished watching that on Nerflix, would have been better if they showed everything that happened. Some of the people I grew up with worked there when it was GM and then again when it was Fuyao Glass America....what a difference. Kind of at a loss where to start. Whats your take?????

Isn’t that one of the obama flix?

Edit to add:
I just double checked and it is one of the obama jobs.

Just curious if it is as full of leftist propaganda as I assumed it would be?

·
Learner/Tradesman
119 Posts
Isn’t that one of the obama flix?

Edit to add:
I just double checked and it is one of the obama jobs.

Just curious if it is as full of leftist propaganda as I assumed it would be?[/QUOTE

No, it is not full of leftist propaganda.

It is an honest presentation, unscripted, and narrated by the actual workers and management.

Equal time is given to all involved and a fair presentation of everyone's experiences is given.

Obamas were not involved in the conception or filming of this doc. Their company just picked it up and backed the production and release.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I have no desire to see the movie. The Fuyao factory has been plagued since its opening with various violations. The old GM plant used to be one of the biggest employers in the area, WPAFB being the top. I knew many who used to work there. None of them went to work for Fuyao. I have heard that there is constant tension between the workers and management.

The movie is supposed to be Obama's trophy (evidence) of his economic success.

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds familiar. I noticed that the Chinese automated most of the factory. I just assumed that Chinese billionaires were hiding thier income streams outside the PRC. If O wants to pretend that its him, why not? His whole life is a participation trophy anyway!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts