Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Beginner's Mind
1,681 Posts

·
I hate everyone equally !
1,291 Posts
Trying to be constructive :) What would it take to reinstitute your belief in the american system ?

For me it would be 1 of 2 alternatives pick your choice :)

1: Obama abdikating / He is the first American president that really scares me ( I said it the first time the day after the election )

2: Recalling all troops and securing all borders and really start to enforce the imigration policies ( You cant keep to pay the the tab for South Americas failing systems )

·
American fearmaker
14,249 Posts
China will do what it wants to do. That does not, however, mean that they are right. If they want to abdicate for a new currency, let them. I'd almost bet that they'll eventually regret that move and come back to using the American dollar for trade purposes. I think that they're spouting off to see what sort of a reaction that they can get. Given the chance, they may try to make their system of money to become the world standard but I don't think that will work. Their present system of government is thought of as being more of a threat, especially in Asia, to long term peace than anything. As a result, I don't think that you will see a lot of support for China's plan.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
I think if we shut down Wally World

China's good ole days will come to an end
If only it was that simple . Wally world just sells the cheapest CRAP made in China . Every other store sells the more expensive CRAP made in China and Mexico , India , Taiwan , etc. , etc. etc. .
How pitiful is it that we get scolded by China for our stupidity ?
The good old days could come back if the gov. got out of the way so manufacturing could come back to this country . NAFTA was the begining of the end of the good old days when stuff was still made in this country . .

I think the good old days when China needs us more than we need them are over !!!

·
RESET CONGRESS!!
9,462 Posts
I cannot fault China. I fault the USA for the weak position we are in.
Whether China's motives are financial or strategic, if I were in there position, sitting on all that US debt,... I would be concerned too.
If a friend or family member borrowed money from me, then behaved so irresponsibly, I would seek a similar solution.
Right now, the USA is a bad risk. Either they have to raise taxes on us, or print (devalue) the dollar, or.. default. Care to guess what our brave politicians will choose to do?

Sun Tsu would approve of China's actions.

·
RESET CONGRESS!!
9,462 Posts
If only it was that simple . Wally world just sells the cheapest CRAP made in China . Every other store sells the more expensive CRAP made in China and Mexico , India , Taiwan , etc. , etc. etc. .
How pitiful is it that we get scolded by China for our stupidity ?
The good old days could come back if the gov. got out of the way so manufacturing could come back to this country . NAFTA was the begining of the end of goods being manufactured in this country . .

I think the good old days when China needs us more than we need them are over !!!
Yep. We HAD to move manufacturing to China for a lot of our products, if we wanted to stay competitive. They were ISO9000 compliant, made products as good as we could, and at a much lower price. They didn't make junk, they made what we spec'd. We kept some manufacturing here, but mostly we kept marketing, sales, and service here. It worked and we kept some decent paying jobs alive. A lot of them. That was reality.

Will we rebuild the USA of the 1950s? I would love that, but I don't see it in my lifetime.

·
Dios y Tejas
6,689 Posts
Now that is great. When I say something I get half of the board attacking me and when you read it somewhere else you suddenly start to care.
Your position on your other thread was that America could not exist without other nations trade or interaction. And if you'll read the responses, everyone agreed that the USA has to "re-boot" from our current position. Everyone also agreed that it would be painful. Dont think that we all dont realize that.

BUT your contention was that we were hopelessly forever lost without the rest of the world and I for one disagree. I do, however, think we have to restructure and shuck most of the dead weight that is sapping our economic strength (or should I say just plain ole "sucking on the Fed's teat").

JMO

·
Registered
7 Posts
"We have met the enemy and he is us". Pogo author, Walt Kelly, first used the quote on a poster for Earth Day in 1970.

We did it to "us" and we need to fix it for US, bring the jobs back...let us make our own future, dont let the govenment give it to us, dont let them own us.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts