Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Advice on AMD-65 Options?

I love my AMD-65. But....

RAILS:
I replaced the forward grip and handguard with the UTG rail system, which is great, although the Ultimak system (which replaces the gas tube for $98 and then you can get a $220 piece that puts rails at 3, 6, and 9 o'clock. This setup seems like it would better if you have the $$$. A red dot scope sits higher than the sight plane so you can't co-witness with the iron sights, which it looks like you can do on the Ultimak setup.

STOCK:
Shooting it with the stock folded and holding tension with a 1- or 2-point sling is great for CQB, but I would like to have a cheek weld when I unfold it. There are two options, one is a bolt-on wire piece for about $37 (shipped) from amd65tech.com and the other is a $98 adapter from Krebs Custom that allows you to put any AR stock on. Both look pretty good, but I think I like the first one better. The wire stock has a very unique look to it and it won't add too much weight.

Does anyone have any experience or advice on either of these points? Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts