Survivalist Forum banner

Are you more likely to buy from Amazon or Ebay?

• Amazon

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • Ebay

Votes: 23 51.1%
  • Neither - please specify

Votes: 5 11.1%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets say you were looking for a piece of equipment - which site are you more likely to buy something from?

If you answer is neither, then please specify.

·
Looking ahead
2,178 Posts
Books and media = Amazon. Free shipping over $25 dollars, reviews and great product information.

Someone else's junk, car or real estate = Ebay. That piece of treasure thats someone else's junk is on ebay. Or if you have the time to hawk a "no reserve" auction to take a chance that the item fits the description go to ebay.

Guns = Gunbroker.com

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
Never had a reason to use Amazon. Used to get extra gun barrels, mags and whatnot from Ebay, til they banned it all. Now I use gunsamerica.com or gunbroker.com, even though it's nowhere near as good for odds n ends as Ebay once was.

·
AKA The Dragon
2,818 Posts
I buy from ebay most of the time, but have bought from Amazon if the item is not available or at a better price than ebay.
Currency exchange rates and postage charges play a big factor too.

·
Nope.
2,099 Posts
Equipment? Depends on what. There are a number of things I can buy locally from small business owners with which I either have a rapport or genuine liking. Sadly, there are also a number of small businesses I don't care for, and then I try to support the wellbeing of online folks with whom I'm friendly.

In general, though; Nothing I really think I need from either place. I'll buy my toys and other doodads from wherever (locally, online, that hobo that hangs out under the bridge), but nothing important.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Both and sometimes neither. Depends on what Im looking for. I can find a used book on Amazon for 70% off the new book price. I got a Jeep torch lighter off Ebay the other day for $5.34 w/free shipping. Retails for $30.00.

Ebay can be tricky especially with some sellers inflating the shipping costs to make more money.

I do tend to look for it on Amazon before Ebay.

·
Premium Member
2,509 Posts
I picked Ebay, but in the last year I haven't used either one. I am sick of the BS that both companies provide. For me, I will pay a little more local, or find a web retailer that is actually respectable. Sorry little sellers and dropshippers, but time is up and fast bucks are over (read: stolen money). At least from me.

·
TrailBlazer
734 Posts
Amazon for DvD and books, ebay.. havnt used that much.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I've had good experiences with Amazon, so I go there. Plus I prefer to pay a little more and get something new.

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
23,558 Posts
I love ebay, I hate amazon.

My 3x magnifier for my Aimpoint red dot scope should be here monday. Got it on ebay for under $100.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have used both, but have purchased much more stuff via EBAY in combination with PayPal.

I do not like some of the changes EBAY have been making over the past year, they seem to be ticking alot of sellers off with some of their new policies/restrictions.

It is hard to beat the wide variety/depth of goods sold via the EBAY system.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts