Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
No.

It's been brought up quite a few times. Maybe you're the only one that missed all those threads. :) Just messing with you, but seriously, it's been brought up a bunch.

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
I don't think anyone with intelligence believes the gov is responsible to create jobs, however they are responsible for laws, rules and regulations along with massive uncertainty that prevents job growth.

At best I expect gov to stay out of the way of job creation, something that has not happened under the current administration / congress.

·
Hubris begets Nemesis
7,751 Posts
It doesn't matter, as long as the jobs are created.

But the private sector is sitting on tons of cash and they aren't creating jobs. They see a shrinking demand for goods and services so why should they hire?

The government could kick start the recovery by creating jobs. People with jobs will spend, creating more demand. More demand will ignite the private sector to expand, creating even more jobs. If this were to happen, we just might recover.

·
Inglorious Deplorable
21,135 Posts
It doesn't matter, as long as the jobs are created.

But the private sector is sitting on tons of cash and they aren't creating jobs. They see a shrinking demand for goods and services so why should they hire?

The government could kick start the recovery by creating jobs. People with jobs will spend, creating more demand. More demand will ignite the private sector to expand, creating even more jobs. If this were to happen, we just might recover.
What does the government do to create jobs. Do you mean like more cops. They don't product anything. More city clerks? More ATF bureaucrats.

Does the government just place an order for 100,000 jobs and they show up.

Please, tell me how the government creates jobs. No hand waiving.

·
Hubris begets Nemesis
7,751 Posts
Fund major infrastructure improvements. Fund the building of schools.

Build airports. Rebuild New Orleans levy system. Build new hi speed rail systems.

Fund basic research into alternative energy and manufacturing. Rebuild a robust space program.

·
Registered
393 Posts
It doesn't matter who creates the jobs. It only matters if there are enough jobs to go around. If the businesses of this country aren't creating jobs (probably because the CEOs are making more than 1000 times more than their lowest paid worker), then who else can pick up the slack? When one part of a Society is screwing over other members of Society, that Society won't last long. As history has shown. It's only when members of a Society work together to make a more prosperous Society does Society grow.

At one point, someone on this board had said that we 'need to get rid of some people'.

Well there's a solution for that:

First we get rid of people that discriminate, because they didn't belong in a Free Society to begin with.

Then we can get rid of...

Oh wait, nobody else would be complaining after that.

See what the problem is?

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Am I the only one that believes that...it's not the roll of the Government to create jobs?
Especially an administration chock full of uber left intelligentsia who have never run anything other than their mouths. Wouldn't know HOW to write up a job description TO hire someone nor figure out a payroll. Not a clue as to even begin to run a business.

Look how fast they cut and run when things go south ... right back to the safety of their little liberal universities where all their wacko Marxist theories ALWAYS work ......... on paper.

In the real world, not so much.

Fools, each and every one ... but the joke's on us.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
The government needs to do what the constitution gave it authority to do,and nothing more,quit regulating and get the hell out of the way and let businesses do what they do best. As long as the government continues it's nanny state mentality nothing will get done.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Fund major infrastructure improvements. Fund the building of schools.

Build airports. Rebuild new Orleans levy systems. Build new hi speed rail systems.

Fund research into alternative energy research and manufacturing. Rebuild a robust space program.
Who pays for them?

Not the profits from a corporation.

WE pay for them. It's a lose-lose.

And just stop with the fairy tale "high speed rail systems". Where do you propose to get the hundreds of billions to construct them and then subsidize them when no one uses them?

IF they were such in need and economically viable they'd have been built by private concerns decades ago.

There's a reason the passenger rail system went under ... look up in the sky anytime of day or night and let me know what you see going by.

This isn't Japan where 90% of the population is crammed into a couple of islands smaller than half our states.

21,494 Posts
What does the government do to create jobs. Do you mean like more cops. They don't product anything. More city clerks? More ATF bureaucrats.

Does the government just place an order for 100,000 jobs and they show up.

Well yours might not. Ours.
They invest in the private sector.
Create tarrifs so imports are more expensive.
Give tax breaks to important but not so economicly succesful industries like farming.
Employ people in government services.
Task welfare recipiants to train or get employed.

That was off the top of my head.

(That is such a cool gif. i am using that again.)

·
Banned
930 Posts
Nope. You're not the only one.

But, what business person, in their right mind, would want to expand their business right now, and hire more employees, with Obama in the Oval Office??
people who are having really great growth in their company right now, i.e. some friends just took their home based biz and opened up a storefront.

If a company is growing, they will add more, or they will make the choice to stop growing.

·
Hubris begets Nemesis
7,751 Posts
The government needs to do what the constitution gave it authority to do,and nothing more,quit regulating and get the hell out of the way and let businesses do what they do best.
And what does business "do best"? Maximize profits for shareholders. By any means necessary.

Like government, business needs a system of checks and balances to keep it in check.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts