Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had what I thought was a strange experience in a gun shop today.
When I walked in I was immediately approached by a female clerk. I just wanted to walk around and look -but I guess folks don't do that in gun shops? Anyway- I brought my old handgun in and they checked it in and a gunsmith did a quick look over. It appeared to be in great condition.

Then for some reason the clerk stuck to my side and walked me over to everything I wanted to look at - however, when I asked for ammo for a 38 - she hands me a box of 25 rounds for $33. I was like - is this all you have? Is there a limit on the quantity? She says "THis is all you will need for self defense". Anyway I got (2) boxes and some remfg'd rounds for the range. Then she tells me: "If you are uncomfortable with the weapon, I would be willing to take you to the range - not too far from here". She seemed so anxious to do this and mentioned it several trimes - that I thought this was very odd. Then she goes on to tell me that I probably need to take the Concealed Handgun Course that they teach and that if I pass the course I could apply for the permit and that - i would need to go through a bunch of paperwork, fingerprinting, extensive background checks, etc.... Then when I was paying for my purchase - in CASH - she asks me for my name and birthdate. I was going to lie but I thought she might ask to see my drivers license too - so then she would know if I lied. And then after I paid and picked up my handgun at the front - she asks me: "Do you want me to walk you to your car??? Wtf??? Did she want to see my license plate too? :mad:

I was weirded out by this experience and have decided not to shop there again. Am I being paranoid - or is this a normal experience? :xeye:

·
PPG flyer
2,789 Posts
No not normal at all,really weird.

·
Pursuing freedom.
296 Posts
Pretty wierd. I am in the southeast too, specifically Georgia, and have never had that happen, and I have a conceal carry. I have purchased ammo at a number of different stores in different counties in the past couple of months and never had to show my ID. I bought 200 rounds from Cheaper Than Dirt, and they never asked for it, shipped to my house via UPS!! Something is up with that store.

If you have to go through all of that crap for a CCW, I would move. Georgia was just fill out the paperwork, fingerprinting at the sheriff's office, and CCW permit arrived in 5 weeks.

·
Registered
192 Posts
hell for my ccw i dindt even have to do the fingerprinting but yea man you were just being paranoid... she wanted you... you should go back there and get her number then tap it lol

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I agree with Highlander.

She wanted you.
That is not normal. Have been in my friends gun store today and yesterday. All they can do is find merchandise and sell it. Yesterday I saw them sell three Barrett model 82 Light 50s with Ammo. It is nuts out there. Ammo has gone through the roof so all the stores can do is run the register.

Unless you are in a state where info is required I dn't see any reason for the questions.

·
TrailBlazer
734 Posts
I bet she gets a little frisky handling all those big guns all day. Your story sounds like the beginning to a naughty dvd.:rofl::whip::D:

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
That is not normal. Have been in my friends gun store today and yesterday. All they can do is find merchandise and sell it. Yesterday I saw them sell three Barrett model 82 Light 50s with Ammo. It is nuts out there. Ammo has gone through the roof so all the stores can do is run the register.

Unless you are in a state where info is required I dn't see any reason for the questions.
this local? every source I check online shows normal pricing for the most part. AKs are going up of course

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Whoa --- No, She was not interested in me that way and I certainly was not interested in her. I am a girl – not a dude.
I was just thinking that maybe they were collecting information for homeland security or something. Why would they ask for ID info – like my name and birth date – if I was only buying ammo and ear protection?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Whoa --- No, She was not interested in me that way and I certainly was not interested in her. I am a girl – not a dude.
I was just thinking that maybe they were collecting information for homeland security or something. Why would they ask for ID info – like my name and birth date – if I was only buying ammo and ear protection?
More likely some strange store policy. Or the girl was new and they gave her the idea you were supposed to act this way. Kind of like the first day of school, where the stupid things they try to enforce right away you(and most others) forget about.

Chances are if they wanted info they wouldn't do it this way.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
because they are required by law to.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
Whoops. Sorry about that. Classic sexism. You could have experienced it at the Gun store being a "helpless lady" in a mans "world."

They got all of the information about you they wanted from the ATF form.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts