Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many alternatives have been mentioned over time on this site.
Just a few things come to my mind as I remember My first aid instructor emphasising the fact that most first aid kits dont have what you need.
1.Keep spare sheets and pillow cases for slings,bandages and compresses.
He believed they are better and cheaper than bandages.
(my father came home with a leg cut with a chain saw, I remember Mum wrapped it up with a sheet and got him to hospital, alot of blood was everywhere and a bandage in a first aid kit would not have done the job)
2. Have activated or normal charcoal on hand incase of poisonings and infections:that is what they use on the drug addicts in our local hospital,to clean them out.
3.Have some hydrogen peroxide on hand incase of glass splinters or gravel ,and stones become embedded in skin.the peroxide bubbles and draws out the glass or gravel.Some dont like this way, but if you have no other way of medical help, What are you going to do?
I am sure there are many other ideas people have, and many are in the archives.Just a note of encouragement to continue on with our pre.ps

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
Good information.

I always like to have a couple of ACE bandages, and a small roll of duct tape, in my kits.

·
AKA The Dragon
2,818 Posts
I keep a couple of packs of razor blades for small incisions.
Also a small fold up magnifying glass in the FAK

1 - 3 of 3 Posts