Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently read a fairly old book entitled "The Alpha Strategy" and wanted to get some feedback from everyone. The book was very interesting and among its "defensive financial strategies" were holding gold & precious metals as well as hoarding consumer goods. You could sum up the book by saying its best to invest in real, tangible wealth vs. paper wealth.

There is a fairly good explanation of the strategies on the Alpha Strategy here: http://simplefinancialfreedom.com/the-alpha-strategy

Anybody read the book? Do you have any reactions or thoughts on the strategies in it?

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
I'm not familiar with the book, but you'll find that nearly everyone here has long been on-board with the ,"invest in real, tangible wealth vs. paper wealth", concept. In fact, considering the direction our currency must inevitably go, I'd say this is a no-brainer. :thumb:

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
I keep very little money in the bank. My wealth is in silver and commodies. Also, look at your skills as a form of wealth. skills in several ocupations/hobbies make you more valuable in a community. So, I feel education is a form of wealth.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.