Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Punisher
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here own, or owned alapacas in the past? I've got an opportunity to acquire a couple for free, and was wondering if anyone has tips to keeping them. They'll be keeping my horses company, just wondering if anyone uses their wool, use them to butcher, etc. Any and all tips welcome, thanks.:D:

·
The Punisher
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lucky!!! At least here alpackas are horribly expensive.
Yeah, that's what I thought as well, since I've seen them for thousands of dollars a piece. A friend of my GF has them, and said that she doesn't want to be bothered with them anymore. Just wants to get them into a good home. I'll know later on today if she still has them available.

Find it hard to believe that not one person has raised them, in the past, or currently on the board.

·
Registered
177 Posts
i have two alpacas blackie and ****** (ak: ying and yang). we got our animals for free also. my wife has a vacationing australia shearer cut thier wool in spring and sends it out to be spun and then knits scarves which are prized presents. our icelandic horse was boarded so thier was never much interplay. they do get upset when the moose are in the yard but what realy drives them over the edge is our fat 12 year cat

·
Registered
177 Posts
holy smoke mad dod: i looked at your picture and thought that looks like a king on the little su. i havve a home in anchorage (with alpaca) and lake home at echo lake (1 mile south of big lake)

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
I don't know much about alpacas. My mother-in-law has a lama. She packs the woods for days at a time with her lama. It activily protects the goats and fowl that live on her property. It eats the grass and drinks the water. Its happy and my mother-in-law is happy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts