Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was surprised to NOT see that any on here are following the newest program of Alone.

I think you might find it on the History channel.

They already showed 2 tap outs by the 9th day.

Guess it will be a very fast show.

They are in Alaska and that is almost as unforgiving as Patagonia,I do believe .

I hope to find out about all the behind the scenes stuff,from what happened to the tap outs and exactly what gear they chose from the list of allowed personal tools & weapons.

Truly surprised to see that not all took a saw ?,that blew my mind as a bit of a camper/survivalist/woodman.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
WTF ?.
Not one here who watches a show about true survival ?.
I am a bit shocked.
More watch the Walking Dead,and that is a huge pile of hooey.
At least Alone is close to TEOTWAWKI survival stuff.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sad that no one watches a show worth the time to learn about survival = I was under the false impression that was what we were doing on this site .

·
More Equal?
174 Posts
Hey,
I wasn't a member here when you started this thread and just today saw your post, so I hope I get a pass.

We watched the first 2 seasons here just in the past month as they are free with our prime membership. I think we have to buy the other seasons?

Anyway, we all found it very interesting watching them try to survive. The 2 biggest challenges were loneliness and food? So in other words, the mental aspect and food. They all overcame the food thing but it seems people lost for 2 main reasons, injury/accident and not being forged mentally.

In season 2, the black dude tapped out after about 3 hours! He was urban and obviously knew nothing about rural/survivalist living. I doubt he had ever even camped out. There was a chick who had MS who we really thought would make it. She was happy happy happy the entire time, befriended the local bears, ate salmon, berries, weeds,,, but in the end she tapped cause she missed her kids.

The other chick (Chick,,, I am not PC btw) was doing fine until she like chopped her hand with that ax!

Anyway, I think the "Alone" mental thing won't be a factor in an EOWE as you will have people with you. There of course will be some other serious mental challenges to contend with.

Limited tools, if you're a prepper this should not be an issue. If you can't shelter in place but need to go to a BOL, have those flip top bins full of survival stuff that you can just throw in the car. The small/medium flip bins are best as almost whatever you fill them with they won't be too heavy, they stack, and will fit into trunks and backseats easily. Label with a sharpy the general contents of each, and maybe a priority #,,, in case you have to bug out quick and only have time to grab a couple.

Without spoilers, what/where are the following seasons of Alone?

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
WTF ?.
Not one here who watches a show about true survival ?.
I am a bit shocked.
More watch the Walking Dead,and that is a huge pile of hooey.
At least Alone is close to TEOTWAWKI survival stuff.
I like alone but it’s not that close to TEOTWAWKI in my opinion.

I plan on having guns , power tools , pre- constructed shelter , metal traps , etc after SHTF.

But the show is cool. It’s more about survival after being lost or a plane crest etc disaster.

I wish they’d do a series like castaway.

·
Registered
211 Posts
i thought it odd they did not have a final/ follow up discussion episode of the last season..
or did i just miss it?

·
Free-ish Man
1,871 Posts
No, it's just a TV show.
It is scripted, edited, and produced for entertainment value.
It's not scripted, but it is edited and produced for entertainment value. Lots of important info gets glossed over or misinterpreted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts