Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It seems I have developed an allergy to Timmy, our killer dog. I'm allergic to airborne allegeneics and the symptoms are running eyes/nose, sneezing and athma/airway problems.
Now, doc says the dog must go, but I am reluctant to throw out a family member so I am searching for other options.

Does anyone have any tips as to what we can do to keep the dog in spite of my allergy?

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Change the dog's diet. As weirds as this sounds 82% of allergies to pets can be solved with a simple change of the animal's diet. No more dry dog food is the main thing. If you must feed dog food switched to canned dog food. Getting oil into the dog's diet is what is needed. Canned dog food would have more of it than dried. I might add a bit of fish oil to help speed up the process. A better idea than canned dog food is simply chicken, steamed rice and steamed veggies or venison and cornmeal mush and steamed veggies or if you eat well, anything that you eat minus the salt. I no longer salt my food as I cook it and serve up plates to my dogs then put salt on my food at the table. The extra oils help condition the dogs hair and skin and make it so it won't flake as much and when it does it isn't so dry. You can give it a try and see if you're in the 82% that can keep their pet with a simple diet change.

Tury

·
Just use a 2x4
822 Posts
What part of the dog is it? It is obviously not the saliva, since it'a airborne.

If it's the proteins in the hair, there's a product you can get to spray on him - I'll find the name of it after work.

If it's the dander, just start washing him.... If you use a good quality dog shampoo (the pH is different than for people) you can wash him as much as daily without hurting his skin, although once a week should do it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts