Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just an idea. what do you think? cant you boil just about any water to drink? and cooking ants, slugs and baracles is probably a better quality food than one could find at the finest restraunts [and certainly better than storable goods]

Ive heard that people can go for weeks without eating anything and do just fine; aside from getting skinny. My highschool buddy eats one meal a day of good meat and vegtables and he weighs 220. although his girlfriend is a rail. a healthy looking rail.

definietly let me know what you think about my water idea; i want to be ready.

Seth

·
HOPE4BEST&PREP4WORST
493 Posts
I agree water is the most important thing to have. The only water that would be unsafe to drink after boiling would be water polluted with chemicals or oil as far as I know. Yes, most people can survive weeks or more without food, but only days without water.

·
Registered
42 Posts
You can purify most water through boiling, though pasteurization is actually good enough in most cases, boiling is a great visual clue that you've done it right. Some things just can't be removed short of a filter, you gotta love technology.

You can eat bugs, grubs and slugs. They're sure to make a good stew, but they aren't as balanced, portable or flexible as storage foods. They also aren't as familiar to your mind or your stomach. How many ants does it take to make a 1/4 lb of meat? If you get 4 calories per ant(who knows what they're worth?), you need to pick up 500 of them to provide 2000 calories for an average adult daily intake and that's really not figuring in survival needs.

As for me; I'll stock all the food I can afford, learn all I can about how to hunt/trap/fish/glean, and store seeds that make sense.

Nom
---
Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
You can survive without food for a week, or even three. But after a couple days, any activity will be difficult. After a week, it will be nearly impossible. If it's a money issue, go buy $100 in Ramen noodles. It's not healthy, but the carbs alone will keep you alive and capable to act.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts