Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need an all purpose Pack (APP) its not about the content but the pack. I need a pack for Backpacking, Hunting, Rockclimbing, Camping, and all Outdoor activities.
I have been told that Allis packs are good, MOLLE gear packs, and a few others, plz reply:thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,950 Posts
I need an all purpose Pack (APP) its not about the content but the pack. I need a pack for Backpacking, Hunting, Rockclimbing, Camping, and all Outdoor activities.
I have been told that Allis packs are good, MOLLE gear packs, and a few others, plz reply:thumb:
I use a Kelty Bison 3300 Backpack and have been VERY happy with it. You should be able to find it for about $70.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I am an ALICE pack fan. These have worked well for me for years. Make sure you get all the pack including the cargo shelf. Makes a good rig me. In all it comes down to preference and what fits you the best. What ever you chose make sure you use it on a regular basis. If you have a 1000.00 dollar pack that rubs you raw with 70 pounds of gear it's not gonna help you when you need it. I do all my stalk hunting for deer and small game with a full pack, it forces me to get used to not making any (much) noise while moving in wooded areas.

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
other than an alice pack you probably will not find a FULL pack that will hold up for under $100. ive been looking at alot of packs for the past few days. you need to becareful there are alot of china made clones out there that WILL NOT hold up. when you find a style you like double check that it isnt a cheapie.and get a named brand one, backpacks is one of the items you really dont want to go cheap on. and figure what size you want small,med ,or large pack. im looking for a med pack for hunting and such and i think i finally found what i was looking for and its going to cost $125 and that is not an expensive one either for a quality backpack that will last

·
Registered
589 Posts
How about a Snugpak Rocket? It is basically three back packs in one. The pack comes standard with a 40 liter central compartment and two side pouches, each measuring 30 liters. The side pouches can zip off so only the 40 liter main compartment can be used, or else the two side pouches can be attached to a harness to form a 30 liter pack. Your gear can be organized into the three different compartments and used on their own, or together, based upon your mission.

Here's a review of it:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts