Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Ive got them both and there both good but the molle is superior and I only paid $50.00 for it brand spanking new, still in original plastic, un-assembled.
Craig

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive got them both and there both good but the molle is superior and I only paid $50.00 for it brand spanking new, still in original plastic, un-assembled.
Craig
do you know if the padding is good for alot of weight and distance? on the moelle

·
Adventurer
19,333 Posts
The padding is good I took it from my molle and put on my Alice alice frame and molle straps best combo

·
Free Born
2,446 Posts
ALICE Is old and outdated, MOLLE is modernized and comes in almost countless variants. Even for a few days out, a framed pack, even an internal one will save your back from undue pain.

Reactions: joes

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
Mollie all comes apart in slurry mud. As long as your in a dry climate and will never get in the mud its fine.

If your going rainforest, swamps and sloughs its crap. Then go alice.

·
Christian
39,500 Posts
Mollie all comes apart in slurry mud. As long as your in a dry climate and will never get in the mud its fine.

If your going rainforest, swamps and sloughs its crap. Then go alice.
What about with the MOLLE speed clips? same issue?

·
Registered
839 Posts
150?get both!

I agree. I have both and have used both. I keep going back to the Alice pack though. The molle II pack is too big and bulky for my likings, however its a decent pack. The molle attachments will fit onto the alice pack as well.

The Standard Alice straps and hip belt are uncomfortable, but you can fix this problem by taking the straps and hip belt off of the Molle II pack and attaching them to the Alice frame. I have done this with mine and I love it. :thumb:

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
67,412 Posts
ALICE Is old and outdated, MOLLE is modernized and comes in almost countless variants. Even for a few days out, a framed pack, even an internal one will save your back from undue pain.
There's no such thing as outdated if it still performs the task that you want it to. I know a lot of folks who prefer the Alice system.

·
Christian
39,500 Posts
I have an alice because im a teenager with no job and dont feel like using money on a better pack when i could buy ammo, knives ect.
You know what would be a good idea, for a teenager with no job?

Start a small buisness, internet based at first where preppers and survivalist could donate used equipment (still in good condition but used) sort of a goodwill for survival gear, and then sell the used stuff for a reduced price to people who want to start prepping but have very little or no money.

I have some odds and ends gear that simply dont fit or are used and have been replaced but are still in "boyscout" condition.

Just a thought.

·
the survivalist
214 Posts
Have been using ALICE packs for more than 20 years now. Am buying a MOLLE II Rifleman's pack. Am interested in how much I'll be able to fit in it compared to the ALICE pack. Will let you know after I get it later this week.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Well for $150 it's my own belief that the Maxpedition Vulture II is the best choice for 3 day trips. You can find them a bit cheaper from various online vendors. 35 lbs is good for 3 days and that's ideal for the Vulture II.

·
the survivalist
214 Posts
Just got my MOLLE II Riflemans pack. Am unhappy with how it feels when loaded up with almost everything I had in my civilian pack. It dug into my shoulders just putting it on my back and it felt like something was sticking me in the middle of my back as well. Am going back to my civilian pack for my long haul pack and will use the MOLLE II for my vehicle kit.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts