Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I have herd this a lot Alice vs Molle. But I never get a answer now for my it is Alice I am use to it it is cheap easy to find, And easier to attack to a fighting rig. Now tell me what do you think is better.

·
Looks like rain to me.
41,429 Posts
I like the MOLLE because everything fits snug and fewer things to snag. It is a little more versatile in that pouches can be switched pretty easily.

Besides, Molly has nicer legs then Alice.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I don't have any personal experience with the Molle, before my time. My little brother does however, and he promptly raided my Alice pack to replace his issued assault pack to deploy with.

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
i love the molle II straps but hate the pack to me the pack is to small. i love the LARGE alice pack,but HATE the straps, so i combined the 2 and got a "hellcat " :thumb:

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
The alice with alot of weight will stress your lower back around the kidneys. Molle tends to distribute it better around your upper shoulders which is more natural. I was around for the transition of the pack systems so I got a decent look at the two. The full molle military issue from what I had was just to large of system if thats possible:D:. You ended up carrying more weight because of this.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I like Alice because it works it is heavy duty if it breaks the this you will need to fix it is cheap

·
Registered
273 Posts
i like using both. you get the best of both worlds. i like the alice system of H-harness buttpack and pistol belt. to make this even better get rid of the alice clips on all your pouches and get malice clips. its easy to mount molle pouches on the pistol belt, just loop the molle straps around and under once and button it, maybe a little tape just for extra security. i prefer the alice packs modified with molle straps and belt. the hellcat seems like an awesome pack, but have yet to try one. its also easy to mount your knife on your h-harness with the handle pointing down. just make sure its the opposite shoulder you shoot with

·
Observer
707 Posts
I like MOLLE/PALS because of the more wider range of pouches/ modules etc. that you can buy from pretty much any surplus store

The possiblities are endless! so to speak...

·
"Nothing is over!"
702 Posts
Not really sure if you want answers about backpacks or the attachment systems themself.

I'm going to write about the attachment systems. Being a reservist I have hardly ever actually carried the packs on my back for a extended amount of time.

I believe the MOLLE system to be the superior. If you interweave a mag pouch to a vest the way it is supposed to be, the strap can come unbuttoned and the pouch will remain snug to the vest. The same can not be said for the ALICE system. Alice clips get bent and come undone. When this happens a canteen full of water becomes a aggrivating flopping piece of equipment.

If ALICE equipment is all you have, or all you can afford, then by all means use it.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
Not really sure if you want answers about backpacks or the attachment systems themself.

I'm going to write about the attachment systems. Being a reservist I have hardly ever actually carried the packs on my back for a extended amount of time.

I believe the MOLLE system to be the superior. If you interweave a mag pouch to a vest the way it is supposed to be, the strap can come unbuttoned and the pouch will remain snug to the vest. The same can not be said for the ALICE system. Alice clips get bent and come undone. When this happens a canteen full of water becomes a aggrivating flopping piece of equipment.

If ALICE equipment is all you have, or all you can afford, then by all means use it.
I believe that MOLLE is an attachment system, ALICE is an lbe system. You can have ALICE packs with MOLLE.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts