Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking high and low for a TRULY ALICE mag pouch that can hold 30rd AK mags.

I've seen all th MOLLE ones which in theory are backwards compatible to use ALICE clips, I'm just not sure how well they'd balance.

Any thoughts or links would be appreciated

TIA

Slàinte mhath
-Rob

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Do you have to have them with ALICE?
For a little more money than what one of those pouches cost you could get a chest rig that could hold 8 mags plus a few small items.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I tried the alice style years ago. I believe London Bridge made them. With three loaded mags in each pouch and worn like M16 mags these were very heavy and uncomfortable. I went back to an east german magpouch but added a two qt. canteen sling so it could be carried over the shoulder.

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
Brew, These also make grab and go pouches as well.
All of our pouches are full and at ready. Before we close the flap we fold the straps back and forth underneath the flap. They sit on the shelf in rows and don't make a tangled mess. Reaching up and grabbing the strap pulls it off the shelf and deploys the strap in a second or two. Same for drums and other styles of mag pouches. Makes for a very orderly inventory and very neat storage.

Grab and go for a full load is about 15 seconds including slinging the rifles adding a full mag and slinging the pouches. Knowing what to do and time management is always a one up on any opponent. No one would expect it, and nobody does.

We chose shoulder slung everything over chest rigs and vest gear for speed and rapid deployment. It was a conscious and well thought decision based on effectiveness. I just repouched everything a couple months ago in correct pouches. Before that we used a stack of old gas mask bags, straps set up the same way. They were very noisy since gear rattled around inside and they tended to pop open and spill when heavy items were inside.

I use those AR belt pouches for the boxed ammo for the 30.06 and 8mm. Use a razor to cut off the grenade pouches and they go side by side on a web belt rel nice. Same thing coiled for a quick pull.

·
Diamond Dog
1,504 Posts
Those AK alice pouches you posted from FMCO are great looking, might have to buy some..

All of our pouches are full and at ready. Before we close the flap we fold the straps back and forth underneath the flap. They sit on the shelf in rows and don't make a tangled mess. Reaching up and grabbing the strap pulls it off the shelf and deploys the strap in a second or two. Same for drums and other styles of mag pouches. Makes for a very orderly inventory and very neat storage.

Grab and go for a full load is about 15 seconds including slinging the rifles adding a full mag and slinging the pouches. Knowing what to do and time management is always a one up on any opponent. No one would expect it, and nobody does.

We chose shoulder slung everything over chest rigs and vest gear for speed and rapid deployment. It was a conscious and well thought decision based on effectiveness. I just repouched everything a couple months ago in correct pouches. Before that we used a stack of old gas mask bags, straps set up the same way. They were very noisy since gear rattled around inside and they tended to pop open and spill when heavy items were inside.

I use those AR belt pouches for the boxed ammo for the 30.06 and 8mm. Use a razor to cut off the grenade pouches and they go side by side on a web belt rel nice. Same thing coiled for a quick pull.
I like your system, I use shoulder bags for quick access equipment, while i also wear an ALICE LBE.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts