Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ST. LOUIS (AP) — A city alderman frustrated with the police response to rising crime called Tuesday on residents to arm themselves to protect their lives and property.

Alderman Charles Quincy Troupe said police are ineffective, outnumbered or don't care about the increase in crime in his north St. Louis ward. St. Louis has had 157 homicides in 2008, 33 more than last year at this time.

"The community has to be ready to defend itself, because it's clear the economy is going to get worse, and criminals are getting more bold," Troupe, 72, said Tuesday.

For full article...
http://www.charter.net/news/read.php?id=15189255&ps=1011&cat=&cps=0&lang=en

·
To secure peace is to...
4,194 Posts
You'll never hear a TN politician tell the public to arm themselves for protection. We already have. The only place you may hear this is from Memphis which is a total craphole and there's no secret why it is...

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Good to see some people waking up. Our police are getting overrun not only by the criminals but by their own chiefs. Your average officer is a good guy and wants to protect and serve as it says. Get to know the police in your neighborhood.

Get armed and take control of your own future.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know a few years ago (like 10-20) a town here in GA mandated that all household's must have a weapon. They had the lowest crime stats for years (not sure how they fare now but it caused quite a stink when it was made law.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Round here he would be a day late and a dollar short :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I used to live in Saint Louis (fortunately not in THAT part of STL). The north side is a total war zone. Most of the city is actually a nice place to live, but anywhere north of 40 and east of 170 is bad, Very bad. What this guy is proposing will not make things any worse, and it just may keep a few folks alive a little longer.

·
Angry Libertarian
168 Posts
I'm currently living in St Louis. Not too far from the North Side. Not a good a place to go if you're not of a certain background shall we say. I wish I could concerned citizens arming themselves in that part of town would make a difference, but I doubt it would. There's just a general lack of caring for anything in that part of town. I stay away from it as much as possible and I'm very careful when I do have to venture there. I also keep my eye open in our neighborhood for anyone that usually doesn't belong since we are so close. This city isn't getting any better unfortunately. I have a feeling that East St Louis across the river really isn't helping anything either. And South St. Louis is getting pretty bad as well.

Gonna be getting my concealed carry permit as soon as I can afford the class. Hopefully it won't be too late.

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
You'll never hear a TN politician tell the public to arm themselves for protection. We already have. The only place you may hear this is from Memphis which is a total craphole and there's no secret why it is...
Here in SC we have a yearly tax free holiday for buying guns.....

Reactions: pete7469

·
just waitin' for it
680 Posts

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts

Your Memphis, would be our Atlanta...same all around.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
ST. LOUIS (AP) — A city alderman frustrated with the police response to rising crime called Tuesday on residents to arm themselves to protect their lives and property.

Alderman Charles Quincy Troupe said police are ineffective, outnumbered or don't care about the increase in crime in his north St. Louis ward. St. Louis has had 157 homicides in 2008, 33 more than last year at this time.

"The community has to be ready to defend itself, because it's clear the economy is going to get worse, and criminals are getting more bold," Troupe, 72, said Tuesday.

For full article...
http://www.charter.net/news/read.php?id=15189255&ps=1011&cat=&cps=0&lang=en
Course the old guy was the only 1 to have the stones to say that. I bet all the white liberals on the city council started crying. Too bad. I almost went to med school at St. Louis... glad I decided not to

·
Registered
118 Posts
This is a likely consequence of cutting back on police to save goverment money.
nope. that is just the way it is here. St. louis actullay has more officers now and less people in the city, they just don't care. back in february i was first on scene to a teen that had been shot, i made 3 calls within 5 minutes and sad part was it only a block away from a hospital, the operator would not try that hospital, a neigbor finally ran to the hospital and an ER doc came to try to help. total time till police arrived was 7 minutes, nothing i could do, four shots to the chest and one in the neck.
i still can't get that out of my head.

if you have a vehicle broke into they will only take a complaint over the phone and will not waste thier time with sending an officer out.

however if you park on the side of the street for streetcleaning day they will be there at 8:31am to write you a ticket, and again at 10:30.
and don't dare change a tire on your car on a side street. if you run in to use the restroom they will be there and gone before you wash your hands.

·
Angry Libertarian
168 Posts
if you have a vehicle broke into they will only take a complaint over the phone and will not waste thier time with sending an officer out.
You might want to think about moving to St. Charles. My friend's car was broken into a few months ago at the convention center there and the St. Charles Police sent out their forensics van. I still have a pic of it on my cell phone.

I also like how it takes two cars with two cops in it to pull over one car in this city. Granted crime here does suck, but seriously, back in PA one Statie would have a van full of teenagers pulled over by himself.

And then there's Hi-Tec or whatever that security company is that patrols around the Central West End. Can they actually do anything?

I'm glad this state has Castle Doctrine and CCW is fairly easy to get.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I used to live in Saint Louis (fortunately not in THAT part of STL). The north side is a total war zone. Most of the city is actually a nice place to live, but anywhere north of 40 and east of 170 is bad, Very bad. What this guy is proposing will not make things any worse, and it just may keep a few folks alive a little longer.

C'mon man, Clayton is north of 40 and east of 170. LOL @ that area being rough. Unless you're afraid of getting mugged by rich white people:D:.

·
To secure peace is to...
4,194 Posts
It might be more cost effective to get rid of police and hand out guns to anyone 21 or older who can pass the back ground check.
Probably so. Just have a few county people who are authorized to drive the paddy-wagon...

The purpose of a police force is not for protection, but peace keeping, general assurance of order, and arresting people to send into the court system.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts