Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people. Long time survival student here starting back in 1973 when I home steaded Alaska (a story in it self) learning from the Native Alaskans as well as from my own Native American background and from every source I could find and still learning new idea's/techniques. Having moved from god's country to the desert I have been polishing my skills in the most hostile enviornment to date and it has indeed taxed my skills to the limit. Hopefully this is a active forum from which I can not only learn more but also impart that which I have learned from years of experience to others.

·
Bugged out already
4,833 Posts
Hello and welcome from Alaska! I imagine you have something some great stories of your time in the bush. I have my little piece of heaven an undisclosed location somewhere between Sutton and Glennallen.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alaskajohn mine was in the mentasta area..bear valley to be exact. Anthonca as for leaving after 19 years....2 months shy of 20 had a rather nasty common law marriage deal and needing a break I came down to my home town in Wa state where I met a lady from California and dang iffn I didn't get caught in the oldest trap in the world :)

Yes Alaskajohn I certainly have some stories and memories only those who have lived in the bush can have or ever hope to have.

·
Bugged out already
4,833 Posts
Chiggertick, we looked at a property 5-6 years ago probably not far from bear valley on the Tok cutoff. Nice place (it needed some TLC) but the misses wanted to be within 2-3 hours from a city with shopping. I always thought the cutoff was a nice defendable area to live in.

Reactions: SSGNasty

·
Registered
Which bag? No way I'm carrying all this stuff, that's why I turned my F150 into a bugout truck.
5,462 Posts
Welcome from the upper Mojave, the desert has it's own attraction. Going back and forth from Northern Wisconsin to Mojave I totally understand not only the Climate shock but the culture shock as well.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I divided my time between Kenai and bear valley. Summers I spent in Kenai in a place I bought working and prepping for the winter growing a garden, canning and smoking salmon and clams and when the work season was done be it cannery fishing boat set net site or a oil field turn around I would then head for the homestead and spend the next 5-7 months in quiet solitude :) and of course moose hunting and trapping fur along with improving the cabin. Story to be told there now lol!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.